Loading multipitch, multi expression VB into UTAU

xshugarrx

Momo's Minion
extremely dumb question for someone that's been doing this for years but I'm having massive braindead issues today; I'm in the final stretch of finishing a bank (4 types, power, norm, whisper and lite eng) and all three main "expressions" (what is that type of variation actually called? anyway...) are tripitch. so four folders in the main folder, and within three of them are three more folders with voice samples and otos. for the life of me I can't remember how to get UTAU to load everything at once. I've set prefix map, put a dummy file outside of all the folders in the main folder, everything that has been recorded so far is oto'd and aliased... but no dice. the whole thing isn't done, but just for testing purposes I like to check as I go. but if I load the bank I just get
1687207370382.png

I know I'm just forgetting something and I can't seem to find a thread that answers this question that's been asked five million times in the past. it's been a while since I've actually sat down and worked on it and I'm so annoyed I can't remember... doesn't it need an .oto file for the entirety of the bank or something? or if someone knows a resource page/post I can review that'd be cool too.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Classic UTAU can only read oto.ini files that are one sub folder deep. In order to reference files in deeper folders, you will need to put the path name in the oto.ini itself.

If I understand correctly, this is similar to your current setup.

Voicebank
> Power
>> A3
>>> oto.ini
>>> audio.wav

Contents of oto.ini
audio.wav=alias_P_A3,0,0,0,0,0

You will need to change it to this instead.

Voicebank
> Power
>> oto.ini
>> A3
>>> audio.wav

Contents of oto.ini
A3\audio.wav=alias_P_A3,0,0,0,0,0

Also due to the limitations of classic UTAU, you must put the pitch suffix at the very end of the alias, and the pitch suffixes for all voice colors must be exactly the same. That way, the user is free to specify the color suffix manually and UTAU will use your prefix map to automatically add the pitch suffix at the very end.
If there's any mismatch of pitches between each color, you will need to use third party tools like presamp or resampleroverwriter.

Reactions: xshugarrx