Lying Mii-kun and Broken Maa-chan: PRECIOUS LIES

Rai

Teto's Territory
It is a very short manga series (5 chapters) derived from a light novel (I think) and I found it to be quite an interesting read.

It is a story of children who were kidnapped and thus have a few screws loose in their head as they grew older. Since it's such a short story, you may or may not foresee the ending and saying more would probably result in spoilers. I'd definitely recommend it to others to read, especially those who enjoy the psychological genre.

The art is pretty generic as far as manga goes but there's something about it that caused me to admire it. The method of storytelling is interesting in that it's told from Mii-kun's point of view. As I haven't read the light novel I can't tell if each scene carries the same weight as in the novel.

Finally; although I haven't watched it, apparently there is a film remake which roughly follows the same storyline.

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
Sadly, the manga is only a one volume-er. I found some translations for Volume 1 of the light novel's colored pages here if anyone's interested: http://differentclouds.livejournal.com/20413.html