Make UTAU accessible for blind

Alessandra

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hello guys,
I'm going to make a purpose, maybe complicated, but I don't know... :smile:
Being blind, I discovered UTAU in 2013 and I tried to install it, but it wasn't compatible with my screen reader JAWS. I don't know for the Others, but I think there will be the same situation. I know (I don't know anyone, but I think so) most blind all over the world want UTAU accessible and hope this will be done. So, I thought: why can't we do it? Unfortunately, I don't know nothing about programming, but I know there are people who made some programs, previously not accessible for us, accessible, like SONAR or REAPER. It will be fantastic for most people... because most of blind like music and like to experiment various things within it. it'll be very hopeful and UTAU will not have barrier for us! What do you think?

Tomato Hentai

dont call me a veggie
Defender of Defoko
UTAU hasn't even been in development since 2013 IIRC and isn't open source, so making a screenreader compatible version would be extremely time consuming, and I don't think there's really much of a demand for it either, as you're the only person I've seen request something like this.

Alessandra

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I think there are blind who their wish is to usE utau. I've noticed there was an open source project...

Tomato Hentai

dont call me a veggie
Defender of Defoko
I think there are blind who their wish is to usE utau. I've noticed there was an open source project...
There's still probably too low of a demand for a screen reader compatible version of UTAU that it's very unlikely to be made, even if there are other people who wish for UTAU to be made screen reader compatible. Also, as far as I'm aware, most open source UTAU clones have been either abandoned already, or are too early in development for screen reader compatibility to be programmed in yet.

Piia

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Hi Alessandra,

That sounds very thoughtful... I do hope that everyone (even blind people) could be able to enjoy using UTAU and making their own. Although, I never knew that a blind person can even use a computer independently. I do hope that you'll find someone able to make a project like this~

Reactions: Nohkara

HoneyPai

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Sadly I agree with Tomato. I'm not sayingthere is no hope for it, but the development of the program is practically dead aside from people making new resamplers for it. Yes, there is an open source utau/clone, but from what I've seen (I tried to use it) it is not very functional. And don't take my word for it, because I couldn't even wrap my head around it, but this particular open utau does not really resemble utau, so I'd assume that even if someone did make it compatible with a screen reader, it may not work with the actual utau program (again, I am not sure)
Blind people may want to use utau, but it really does depend on demand, you're the first person I've seen post something like this
And I've been in the community for 6 years.

Alessandra

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hello guys,
I'm going to make a purpose, maybe complicated, but I don't know... :smile:
Being blind, I discovered UTAU in 2013 and I tried to install it, but it wasn't compatible with my screen reader JAWS. I don't know for the Others, but I think there will be the same situation. I know (I don't know anyone, but I think so) most blind all over the world want UTAU accessible and hope this will be done. So, I thought: why can't we do it? Unfortunately, I don't know nothing about programming, but I know there are people who made some programs, previously not accessible for us, accessible, like SONAR or REAPER. It will be fantastic for most people... because most of blind like music and like to experiment various things within it. it'll be very hopeful and UTAU will not have barrier for us! What do you think?
Do you know... Before the invenction of screen Readers, we could not use the computer. The majority of programs are comptible with these
I hope someengineers will take care of it

Reactions: FelineWasteland