Mapping the UTAU World

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hello friends! Stormy here, with a small personal project in mind!

Background info: So I'm currently taking a Geographic Information Systems class, which is basically a fancy, complicated way of saying I'm taking a mapping class. This class is learning the basics of making pretty maps and telling a story with these maps. I've fallen so in love with this stuff that I want to do this project outside and on top of my in class project!

The project: What the title says! I'm looking into mapping out and comparing people in the UTAU community based on parameters of location, age, language, and various UTAU stuff. This is mostly for my own practice and fun! There are limitations of reach in the community that I am aware of, such as language barriers and postings to only certain sites.

What I want from you: To collect data for this, I think the best way is to poll the community! Below is a link to the survey I've set up, if any of you are interested in filling it out for me. I'd really appreciate it! If you're interested in the results, let me know!

Some things to keep in mind:
-You will remain 100% anonymous. I'm not asking your for your name or anything like that. If you're scared providing the exact town you live in, feel free to name the nearest large city.
-You don't have to do this survey, but if you choose to, please answer everything and PLEASE BE HONEST!!! This is really a personal project and all I can ask of you if you choose to do the survey.
-If anyone wants to help with spreading this to other parts of the community, message me and let me know!

Survey link: http://goo.gl/forms/cp7RNqlOKf

Thanks to anyone that wants to fill this out! Ask questions if you have any!

PrinceofHades

A wandering soul
Defender of Defoko
Hey, when you have enough data to make a map, I'd be really interested in seeing it. Would you be posting the completed map on the forum?

Reactions: stormylullaby

Vivification

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
well now im obligated to vote.

I really do hope we get to see the map after it's finished.

keopi

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Oh yeah...
filled it out a while ago. Forgot to put that I did. o vo

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Answered! I hope that many people answer in this. :smile:
[doublepost=1457930129][/doublepost]What would you think if I spread the word of this in my DeviantART Journal and/or in my twitter. Would that be ok to you? 030)

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Answered! I hope that many people answer in this. :smile:
[doublepost=1457930129][/doublepost]What would you think if I spread the word of this in my DeviantART Journal and/or in my twitter. Would that be ok to you? 030)

That is 10000% okay and I would really appreciate it if you did that!

Thanks to everyone that's already filled it out, I'm looking to get at least 100 entries before I start making the map, and if this gets big enough I can keep it as an ongoing process!!

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
I submitted my info! It will be really fun to see the map when it is finished.

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hello friends please forgive me for lack of updates ;.; I was extremely busy with the end of my college semester. My summer is fairly busy but I should have some free time to work on this in the next few weeks. So sorry again for anyone that was excited about this ;A;