Mic help !

Utau4life

Teto's Territory
So I got this mic atr2500 and even if I record very close to the mic it shows up low in audacity why is that ? And the quality does sound as good as everyone is saying :0 am I doing something wrong ?

Kitcat190

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Do you have the mic turned on in Audacity? Usually it reverts back to your computers internal mic every time you load it!~ ^~^ And you must have your microphone plugged in before launching the program, and for me, not have another audacity tab open before hand.

If the microphone is turned on, try adjusting the settings in either the microphone itself or audacity

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
In the upper right corner of audacity is two sliders. One controls audio volume, and the other controls microphone volume. Check this, and turn up the mic volume if necessary. You can also use the amplify or compress effects to raise the volume of something you've already recorded.

For any of your future questions, would you mind coming to the chat box? There's a link to it at the top of the page. Your questions tend to be small, so other people online would be able to help you quite quickly.

Reactions: Kitcat190