Mic Suggestions???

sailor _ravioli

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I know theres been about a billion threads about this but im super indecisive I would like a USB mic between the range of $30-50 that can handle recording both whisper/soft banks and powerful/strong banks well
but i dont want a mic thats so sensitive that it picks up every little noise in the background (I record in a closet so i dont know if that would be a deciding factor on which mic to get)
anyways, your help and advice is greatly appreciated! ;v;

P

partial

I recommend Blue mics. Snowball or Yeti, it doesn't matter which. I've got the yeti, but snowball is just fine!

Reactions: sailor _ravioli

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
in the $30 - $50 range I strongly suggest the CAD u37, imo it's probably the best cheap mic! It's currently $40 on amazon and that gives you enough left over to buy a cheap pop filter!
Low self noise, decently full sound (at least considering it's price), decent sized diaphragm, not too big and bulbous, and good build quality.

Unfortunately you're not going to get a mic that isn't "too sensitive" because a mic's job it to pick up what's in front of it. They don't have brains so they can't pick out specific noises. There are mics that technically will ignore more background noise but a good one will cost you $350+ ^_^;;
Condenser mics are often "cardioid" and will reject most noise from the back and sides.
You record in a closet so that shouldn't be too big of a concern.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The CAD would be a pretty good idea. Blue microphones are priced higher than they need to be because of the brand name, and things like the snowball/yeti have more features than an UTAU user would need. (Basically, 2-3 cheaper microphones in one) The CAD serves its one purpose and does it well.

sailor _ravioli

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
in the $30 - $50 range I strongly suggest the CAD u37, imo it's probably the best cheap mic! It's currently $40 on amazon and that gives you enough left over to buy a cheap pop filter!
Low self noise, decently full sound (at least considering it's price), decent sized diaphragm, not too big and bulbous, and good build quality.

Unfortunately you're not going to get a mic that isn't "too sensitive" because a mic's job it to pick up what's in front of it. They don't have brains so they can't pick out specific noises. There are mics that technically will ignore more background noise but a good one will cost you $350+ ^_^;;
Condenser mics are often "cardioid" and will reject most noise from the back and sides.
You record in a closet so that shouldn't be too big of a concern.
Thanks for the suggestion! I watched a couple of reviews and read the ratings on Amazon seems like a very nice mic for the price! I'll probably get this one since it seems to suit my needs best!

Reactions: na4a4a and Kiyoteru