More resamplers, fresamp and phavoco

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
*spittake*
They actually released phavoco and updated fresamp?!

Ahhhhh what are they like?
I prefer not to download things until I've heard them to figure that they're worth downloading (cause I like fresamp 0.11 - and also the reason I still use UTAU 2.76).

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
On it! When I get home, anyways XD

I love new resampler time! It's like christmas or my birthday *sparkle*

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
shinami said:
*spittake*
They actually released phavoco and updated fresamp?!

Ahhhhh what are they like?
I prefer not to download things until I've heard them to figure that they're worth downloading (cause I like fresamp 0.11 - and also the reason I still use UTAU 2.76).

The phavoco sounds like this
https://soundcloud.com/cdblue/life-goes-on-phavoco-resampler

Personally I don't think it's work downloading. I can get the same effects with the plugins I have in audacity.

baye

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Regarding Phavoco, it sounds a lot better when you have no flags on the voice. It gives it a vocoder-like sound, but it isn't the greatest resampler out there.
Fresamp is nice, though!

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Here's english CV-VC examples of the new resamplers. It goes fresamp 011 -> 014 -> phavoco.

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/kit-wistful/utau-lotus-new-resampler-test[/soundcloud]

(^ Miranai Mona sings part of "Lotus" by Radiohead)

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/kit-wistful/utau-anna-molly-new-resamplers[/soundcloud]

(^ Cid Smitts sings part of "Anna Molly" by Incubus)

They're all flagless except for phavoco #1, in which I set P(ower?) to 80.

Iscabird

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
While we're here talking about new resamplers, there's also WARP.
Here's a sample test I did with Kii. The first half uses no flags, the second uses K50H10b15.
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/kii_bei/kii-what-is-going-on[/soundcloud]

It renders quickly like EFB-GT/PB and uses flags P, t, b, B, g, (no Formant), H and K. Always use B0 otherwise every voice sounds like a chain smoker.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
How odd that new fresamp is airy-er. Does it react the same to F flags like old fresamp?

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Warp looks interesting, I'll have to give it a try! owo

shinami said:
How odd that new fresamp is airy-er. Does it react the same to F flags like old fresamp?

I wish I could comment, but I don't use fresamp enough V_V But Hopeandjoy said something about it on VO:

New fresamp really hates consonants it seems. On CV banks, at least, they become very robotic.

EDIT: A comparison. (link) Voice is Ijinne Piris ACT3, b0Y0H5F1, first is old fresamp, second is new. F flag is still necessary to get rid of the nasal sound.

I think they're different enough that you should keep the old one around, but the new one should be worth a shot.

resplendentlyblue

Momo's Minion
I have it directed to vs4utau.exe and my computer is in Japanese locale, so that's not the issue.
I think it's just not generating the frq files it needs? Is it supposed to automatically generate them when you play notes? That's what the other resamplers do, right?

resplendentlyblue

Momo's Minion
Just tried the G flag with no luck. It didn't force the frq map to render. (It IS a valueless flag right?)
Maybe I should try downloading the new UTAU update and see if that fixes it.

EDIT: It didn't. Hahaha...oh well. I'm sure a solution will pop up eventually.

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
resplendentlyblue said:
How'd you get it to work? Whenever I try using it no sound comes out.

Does it work with other voicebanks?

I haven't tried it yet...I got preoccupied with that new Vocalshifter thing

Aline

Teto's Territory
shinami said:

I find the ideal to be F1, kinda like with (the forever private) fresamp13. though, it doesn't render frqs as well as older editions for some reason. Don't delete fresamp11 yet, if you're going to frq it up.