My Utau doesn't sing

Matsuko Hazu

Momo's Minion
Hello. I am very sorry if it is a stupid question but I have made a voicebank for my utau but when I try to make it sing on utau, it doesn't make any sound. However, when I try with the default utau, it works. I read that I need to make her a ono-ini (or something like this, sorry if it is wrong) file but it have absolutely no idea wether it is true nor if this the reason why my utau doesn't sing. Also, something that I've noticed is that in Uta's folder, there is the .wav files but there is also .frq files. Is this why my voicebank isn't working?
(I am sorry if there is mistakes in my sentences, I am a new user to utau and English isn't my first language)

Kitcat190

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Your UTAU is most likely not singing because you have no OTO.ini.

The Oto.ini is basically a file you make inside of your voicebank that tells utau when and how to play your recorded sample. It also tells utau what aliases the bank has.

The aliases your bank has can vary between the types of banks you have recorded. I'm going to assume you've recorded a CV (consonant vowel, aka "ka", "ga" etc.) Since you have no configured oto, the only thing UTAU has to read off of is the names of the .wav files you have recorded.

Making an oto is actually very easy and shouldn't be as intimidating as others make it out to be.

What kind of bank have you recorded? I may be able to help you out one on one in a private message to help you better understand!

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If this is your first voicebank, I'm guessing that it's CV style. You can refer to this guide on how to configure it!
http://utaforum.net/resources/cv-otoing-guide.269/

FRQ files are frequency tables that tell UTAU what pitch you recorded at, so that it can change the pitch to the correct one. These will automatically be generated by the resampler when you first use your voicebank.

Matsuko Hazu

Momo's Minion
Okay thank you so much! So I configure/made the oto.ini file but still, there is no sound, I tried to remove my voicebank from the voice folder and then move it back to the folder but still, nothing. I also restarted my laptop but nothing. :/

Reactions: Kitcat190

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Since you were able to use Defoko successfully, I'm assuming you know about the difference between Hiragana and Romaji, and how to type them both. If the lyrics of the UST match the file names or the aliases of your voicebank, there's no reason why it shouldn't work. Do you want me to try it out on my computer to see if the same thing happens to me?

Kitcat190

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Okay thank you so much! So I configure/made the oto.ini file but still, there is no sound, I tried to remove my voicebank from the voice folder and then move it back to the folder but still, nothing. I also restarted my laptop but nothing. :/
That's because you need to configure the file to fit your bank. Right now your oto.ini file is blank, which does not tell UTAU how to render the files. There's nothing wrong with your computer or the program, but at this time your file is blank.

If you want I can message you to help you configure your oto file so that way it will be able to sing!