Naming an UTAU

ruthienick

Momo's Minion
Yeah, I've been really annoying lately, always making new threads to answer my silly little questions but this is what the forum is for, right? O___o Moving on...

I really have no idea what to name my character. His temp. name is Pie (don't ask). I have no knowledge of kanji, only hiragana and half of katakana. I need a name to fit his voice, so yeah. His voice will be sort of gentle and soft. Think Ryone Yami with more male in it. Probably Oliver-like? I dunno. I just need a gentle kind of name so, uhm, please help?

I searched around and found 'kou' or '康' which means peaceful. Also, maybe 'shou' or '翔' which means 'to soar' because his voice is kind of airy and he will most likely have a blue colour scheme. Also, Yuuto because it means gentle person, methinks. That's all I've got to start this off ._.

ruthienick

Momo's Minion
thibaud76200 link said:
Shoune Kou ?
It sounds nice and you put all that I've searched into it but 'to soar sound' doesn't make much sense. Or maybe it can be 'soaring sound'? I'll consider it anyways~ Thanks!

Rai

Teto's Territory
I'm not sure of the meaning but I think Kyo might be a name that flows nicely with Shoune.

Shoune Kyo?

James

Momo's Minion
Hmmm, it depends, really.

Is it necessary for it to be Japanese, or are other names okay with you?
If it's not necessary, then I'd say go for a Scandinavic or a Slavic name. They tend to be nice.

www.thinkbabynames.com  <-- This is literally my best friend when it comes to naming UTAUloids.

I think Andrei, Florian, Anders and Axel are pretty nice.

ruthienick

Momo's Minion
Rai link said:
I'm not sure of the meaning but I think Kyo might be a name that flows nicely with Shoune.

Shoune Kyo?
Sounds much nicer :3. I think I'll pick this. Thanks again~

Moriarty link said:
Hmmm, it depends, really.

Is it necessary for it to be Japanese, or are other names okay with you?
If it's not necessary, then I'd say go for a Scandinavic or a Slavic name. They tend to be nice.

www.thinkbabynames.com  <-- This is literally my best friend when it comes to naming UTAUloids.

I think Andrei, Florian, Anders and Axel are pretty nice.
Oh, right. I haven't considered naming them normally. Either Shoune Kyo or some other name I can search in the website you gave. I also use that site sometimes xD. Thanks~

jellophish

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
The name doesn't always have to be Japanese ouo/

You could even have a single name, like "CRINA" or "SELEN".

For that name, try something that'd fit the UTAU's design as well? Or maybe a name that has a pun to it.
The Japanese word for "wind" (something related to air, or to soar I guess o3o) Is "kaze" (風) So you could try "Kaze Shoune" o3o

ruthienick

Momo's Minion
jellophish link said:
The name doesn't always have to be Japanese ouo/

You could even have a single name, like \"CRINA\" or \"SELEN\".

For that name, try something that'd fit the UTAU's design as well? Or maybe a name that has a pun to it.
The Japanese word for \"wind\" (something related to air, or to soar I guess o3o) Is \"kaze\" (風) So you could try \"Kaze Shoune\" o3o
Kaze? Lawl, I haven't thought of that. It's even my favorite anime character's name /stupid me. I'm also considering non-Japanese names. I'm doing lots of research now. Thanks~