Need characters for UTAU comic I want to make...

Meta

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I've seen threads like this around before, so I hope people aren't already sick of them. xD Basically, I've wanted to make an UTAU comic, but not sure what about. So I've been trying to put together some story ideas. Right now I think I have a grasp on the world I want it in. And I thought it might be fun to use other people's UTAUs? Before you go volunteering your characters, here's what I have so far:

At the point of the story, UTAU has been around for 25 years. UTAUloids are androids produced by a large company called UTAU. The androids at first cost a fortune, but when the original users started to make money from them, the company started producing them for less money, in return that they keep part of the ownership, meaning they receive a percentage of money made from the songs produced and sung by the UTAU. Because of this, many more UTAU were produced, without much quality control. People created them with both good and bad thoughts in mind. With such an excess of UTAUloids, individuals weren’t able to make so much money with so many saturating the music market. People who created their own UTAUloids to become rich and popular became disappointed, and UTAUloids made for that reason began to be abandoned.

Unable to survive from singing alone, the UTAUloids now living on their own had to find new ways to exist. That meant trying to push their way into other jobs, which started to upset many humans, feeling their livelihoods were being endangered by androids who now felt compelled to support themselves.

The UTAU company added a clause in the creation contract that any user who did not make a certain amount of money off their UTAUloid each year and paid off the percentage owed would have their UTAUloid repossessed. Another clause was added stating that any UTAUloids not registered to any users would be deactivated. With the inclusion of that in the contract, UTAUloids were from then on produced with bar codes and power buttons in uniform places so they could easily be identified. The new contract was put into effect 5 years after the first UTAUloids were produced.

The new contract upset many humans and UTAUloids alike, but it also pleased the humans against UTAUloids taking over their industries, and they supported the new contract. Two extremist groups emerges soon after the new contract was created, one being for the full integration and co-existence of UTAUloids, on the platform that they existed as people and had minds and personalities of their own. The other extremist group was against the further production of any more UTAUloids, wanting all existing ones to be deactivated and to shut down the company producing them. However, these are extremists. Most humans are either generally accepting, or upset with them but not taking much action for or against them.

It's subject to change, but it's the direction I want to go in. I'll take suggestions, but I'm not exactly look for co-writers here.

Anyways, to offer your character, fill this out:

Name:
Age: (physical appearance and also how long since their actual creation)
Height:
Personality:
Appearance: (an image is preferred, since comics are visual after all)
Backstory: (you read the spoiler above, so how does your UTAU fit in?)
User: (this is important. the person who "owns" your UTAU. Or, does your UTAU even have a user? If they don't, why not, and what do they do to live on their own?)

If there's a section you don't know or want to fill out, I'll just make it up for you. So be warned. Ah, also, if something doesn't make sense, fell free to ask me and I'll try to clarify.

Also, I might not use every UTAU submitted. I'll only use the ones that would make sense to use, if that makes sense... haha. It's nothing against you or your UTAU, but I'm trying to make my story coherent.

Also depending on your character and where I put them, they have the possibility of being major, minor, or background characters. It's really up to how they fit in.

I don't want to sound so selective. OTL I'm not really sure how many characters I need yet. And I'll definitely let you know, once I know if I'll be using them or not. I'm not sure how far I will go with this idea, I'll do what I can to get it off the ground! So, thanks in advance if you volunteer your characters!

EDIT: I noticed while people have been volunteering their characters, it's obvious for me to be more interested in ones that people have thought up backstories and user backstories rather than having people leave those blank. I said you can do it, but I love it when you take the time to think of those yourself, it ends up giving me a wide variety of backgrounds, which is awesome. :D So thank you for taking the time to do that!!

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
You can use my UTAU if you'd like.

Name: Kuro Fuhyo
Height: 5ft 4inches
Personality:Kuro is the type of girl who will do what she needs to do to get what she wants and not let others stop her. Can have a short temper and behave rudely at times, but aims to please those she likes and does her best to take care of things she considers to be important.
Appearance:
ref.png
Backstory: You can get creative with the back story, or I can think of something later.
User: Same as the backstory

Sylphique

Momo's Minion
Feel free to use Gin, if he's of any use~

Name: Gin Ryuusei
Gender: Genderless, but if needed I don't mind male or female.
Age: Unknown, but will probably need, so; around 25 years, when it was founded.
Height: 5'0
Personality: Gin's personality is "astray" from the world. Gin thinks philosophically and often speaks to people in a pessimistic way. Despite this, don't mistake Gin for being heartless. Gin's mannerisms are childlike yet dark, and Gin also has an excellent sense of awareness.
Appearance:
EmPbQ.png
Back-story: Gin is a secretive pillar of the Anti-UTAU movement (Because Gin is an Utau.). He joined the Anti-UTAU because, really early on, he killed his user (Accident, but blames himself). He thinks UTAU shouldn't exist; they have brought problems to a world that never belonged to them. He said that he will take it upon himself to ensure they no longer exist, and is Noble in his goal. And thus, Gin is a secretive strategist and assassin (Makes Utaus break down) of the Anti-UTAU faction, mainly targeting important figures in the people who are FOR Utau. There is no record of his existence; it is concealed.
User: Supposedly dead; was part of the UTAU creation team as a programmer, and unbeknownst to Gin, Gin's User hid some programming in him.
Antagonists <3

★M3ROKA★

.Puri
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Name: Miss Saiya (Or simply: Saiya)
Height: 4'10
Personality: Shy around others, but capable of being polite. Finds it hard to speak and uses hand gestures a lot. Is a fan of children's books, toys and cartoons. Like having tea-parties and dressing up. Easily offended and hurt by "cruel comments". Speaks to herself sometimes. She likes to travel and take long walks through dark dark woods singing to birds--- *shot* I'm sorry, this isn't Disney, is it?
Appearance:
_utau__miss_saiya_by_yanyuu-d4nkey8.png
Backstory: Saiya was shy and insecure around her user (due to her users' blunt honesty and serious-business nature) and thought she was being bullied thus found it hard to sing in front of others in fear that they'd laugh at her.
User: Since Saiya was considered defective due to her inability to sing in front of others, she was abandoned. She is currently looking for work but takes up refuge in shelters.

I think of Saiya as comic relief most of the time, but found this interesting. I understand if Saiya's not the type of character your looking for; it seems quite serious. XDD

TheSnowSongstress

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Name: Hekine Chinji
Height: 5'6"
Personality: short tempered, excludes herself from others, and has a generally low self esteem
Appearance: (Hekine has 2 core designs and a cherish append design so HERE WE GO XD)
Core 1:
utau_reference_sheet__hekine_chinjo_by_snow_songstress-d4jpkzr.jpg
Core 2:
hekine_chinji_tsuyoikoe___alt__design_by_snow_songstress-d4zed7e.jpg
Cherish Append:
hekine_chinji_cherish_append_by_snow_songstress-d4rlyl0.jpg
Backstory: Hekine ran  away when her owner wasn't proud of her anymore
User: Hekine ran from her user because as time went by, her owner just became more and more disappointed of Hekine. She ovetheard them saying that they were thinking of deactivating Hekine, to "put her out of her misery," so she just ran

baye

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Name: Fuuko Zonbi
Height: 4”6
Personality: : She is a sweet and timid child, very clingy to elders, but when it comes to the prospect of death, she is mature for her age. Usually acts like a quiet eleven year old girl. Fuuko is very naive and trusting and is definitely a "follower" type. She can be a scaredy-cat, but for some reason, is not scared of dead things. It's been said that she has a strange habit of referring to the dead with utmost respect--as if they are of high status. (For instance, she would find a dead bird, refer to it as a Mr. or Mrs and then say how much she hopes they have a good afterlife.)
Appearance: http://www.mangabullet.com/art/174246
Backstory: (you read the spoiler above, so how does your UTAU fit in?): Fuuko was owned by a relatively well to-do family when the whole controversy started. She was living with them as a replacement for one of their children that had passed away. They grew to love her voice, but then the family was unable to pay their bills—so they sold her.
User:: Fuuko used to be owned by a loving family, but they sold her. Fuuko was almost taken apart and decommissioned, but she escaped from her captors—she now lives on her own. She lives in alleyways alone and sings for stray animals. She doesn't need to eat, but she gets really lonely without company.

P

PurinPuff

I surprisingly wrote a huge back-story. That's rare for me.

---

Name: Katsuo “Nike” Mokkane (You don't have to associate his real name. Nike would've been his stage name, so it could be his incognito name. Or it could be a name he made up with Kazu.)

Height: 5’ 11”

Personality: Nike is a very kind and caring person, who feels very protective around people that are close to him. He was originally a carefree and light-hearted individual, however circumstances have made him more downtrodden and depressed. Although he is protective when emotionally invested in someone, he tries not to get too close to anyone anymore. Additionally, he holds strong resentment towards humans.

Appearance:
newcomer_artwork_by_xx_eternaldreamer_xx_by_purin_puff-d4x8xhu.png
(If his outfit is too bland, feel free to make up "stage clothes")

Backstory: (Feel free to make any alterations) Nike, despite being a small fish, was always a well-respected UTAUloid amongst peers and audiences alike. Due to his success, he was quickly overworked by his owners, who had become greedy and wanted to make more and more money. The more his owners pushed, the more Nike resisted, and after a final confrontation about it, the owners agreed to allow Nike some free time. What Nike wasn’t aware of, was that another UTAUloid named Kazu was created to take his place as a popular UTAUloid. Nike, at first, was shocked, and originally resented this newcomer, however, once he got to know Kazu personally, they became fast friends, and eventually considered each other “brothers”. Kazu’s career was slow at first, but Nike encouraged him that he would do fine. Nike eventually spent all of his time with Kazu, and rarely sang anymore. Additionally, Kazu was received to the public eye in a terrible manner, being flamed by those who didn’t like his “shonen” voice, or being perceived in a yaoi-like manner for those who did like his “shonen” voice. Their owners began to feel impatient, and insisted Nike to make a comeback, but he refused. His owners didn’t feel tolerant of this, and deactivated Kazu to scare Nike into submission. This didn’t work, however, and Nike ran away.

TL;DR: Nike was liked, but didn't like being overworked. His owner bought Kazu to make up for Nike being a slacker. Nike and Kazu became besties and Nike stopped singing to an audience. His owners didn't like that and killed Kazu. Nike was angry and ran away.

User: You could really do whatever with the original user. Depending on how successful Nike is, they could be attempting to hunt him down, or could very well be giving up and investing elsewhere. This person, evidently, doesn't care for UTAUloids. Maybe they've taken another UTAUloid and are terrorizing them? This could give Nike a motive or something.

nightfrog9

Teto's Territory
Name: Nerako Murosaki
Height: 5'7''
Personality: sarcastic, blunt, critical, Bold, wears heart on sleeve (tryes not to show it) pridefull "blond" and kinda funny sumtimes, but allways at the wrong time in teh wrong situations :P Also hates being alone, has to always be following or with someone (or she'll get all paranoid)
Appearance:
pandaherocopy.jpg
woopnerakocopy.jpg
Back story: Utau's owner abandoned her, so she left out on her own hoping for the best and getting the worst
User: Doesn't currently know (or care)where owner even is. takes odd jobs , meets people, sometimes has to live in friends houses or on the streets because she cant find work

You can throw her in anywhere and get creative on practicly anything. she can be minor or major, and her outfits dont really matter ( nor does her personality or backstory because i just made them up for this XD)

Illisandria Carthain

Momo's Minion
I wanna promote my baby. May I? I think he'd be fun to have here. :P He has two uses: the younger shonen and the older sebastian. It's a past/present thing really.
Name: Rael Taberusyn/Rafe Taberusyn

Height: 3'2"/6'4"

Personality:
Rael: He loves hard candy and always has a sucker in his mouth at all times. He has a lisp and mixes his "r-" and "w-" sounds and he HATES it. However, he is extremely manipulative and uses his little-boy look for his advantage. His voice is almost always a bit raspy due to his constant sugar intake.
Rafe: After a bad incident involving a cavity, Rafe has sworn off of hard candy and switched to baked goods. He dressed more like a gentleman and acts it but beneath it is the same manipulative little boy from before. He still has a lisp but the "r/w" thing went away after speech therapy. His voice is husky and sultry.

Backstory: Rael was created by Sandr years before the issue cropped up and was allowed to roam about as though he was a person. Soon after the whole thing started, Rael started singing for sweets and Sandr chastised him. He then was trained in the art of "wooing the ladies" because Sandr knew that was the way to make the money he needed to pay the bill. That got a tad out of hand and Rafe became too much of a "ladies man". Sandr gave up trying to control him after a while and Rafe does what he wants, when he wants, making just enough money for the bill to continue to be paid. (*cough*prostitution*cough*)

Appearance:
qph4br.jpg
29qb6gz.jpg

User: His user's name is Sandr, and is ambivalent towards the whole issue but leans more towards liking the old system better. While he doesn't necessarily LIKE the new laws, he obeys them. He doesn't exercise much control over Rafe any more.

Meta

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
This is awesome! thanks everyone for volunteering your characters, I'm really liking what I'm seeing and my mind is already looking for ways to use them in the story! Once I start writing the script I'll be able to place everyone more permanently. :D Thanks for taking the time to do this you all!!

Oh, and if you haven't submitted yet, you can still go ahead! I want to get a lot of characters that I can choose from!

Austria

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
This looks like fun! :o

Name: Soshiki Nami

Height: 5' 6"

Personality: Timid, quiet, and generally keeps to himself. However, once you get to know him more (if he lets you at all), he can become very attached and caring. But if you try to leave him, he can become very, very angry.

Appearance:
nami_soshiki_by_turquoise_cherry-d4h46j1.png

Backstory: Soshiki's owner abandoned him when the owner found out that his voice type wasn't the one that was suppose to be created. Disappointed by his flaw and considered a reject by his owner, Soshiki fled to the streets, trying to live a full life on his own and trying to avoid anti-UTAU activists as best as he can.

User: Named Aspire. She is critical and often sarcastic. Not only is she temperamental, Aspire doesn't like to admit her mistakes, and blames them on others.

Is this ok? ono

NicolaCola

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Ooh, this looks cool! Have Mona~

Name: Mona Minarai
Height: 5'6"
Personality: Mona is extremely outgoing and can be pretty obnoxious and loud when she's in a particularly good mood, which is most of the time, as she's an extreme optimist. She believes that one can do anything if they keep a smile on their face and work hard towards their goals.
Appearance:
qzMXf.png
Backstory: Mona lives with her owner in an extremely nice part of town. He had her built years ago so that he could produce her and make her popular, and he succeeded, allowing him to afford such a nice place. He doesn't associate with either end of the extremists and sternly warns Mona to do the same, because he would really like to keep all parts of his audience and doesn't want any trouble with either party. Although he's warned her of this time and time again, Mona secretly sympathizes with those who view UTAUloids as humans. There is a cellar under the house that her owner doesn't use, and so Mona will often go out into town and find UTAUloids who are abandoned and need a place to stay or hide, and these she will bring back to the house to stay the night in the cellar. It may be a little cold down there, but there are pillows and blankets, and it's got to be better than sleeping on the street where the anti-UTAUloid activists can find you.
User: Mona's owner is a pretty neutral, play-it-safe sort of guy. He wouldn't appreciate Mona getting taken from him by force since he's already built up such a fanbase for her, but aside from that he could care less what anyone decides about any UTAU rights. He doesn't want to get himself involved in any of the UTAU politics going on, because he feels that sympathizing with one group or another may put him at risk of losing some of his audience or getting hurt by the opposing group, and not crossing the line one way or the other is very important to him. If he found out that Mona was harboring abandoned UTAUloids in his home without his permission, he would certainly have her deactivated or reprogrammed for putting him at such risk.

aplusod

Teto's Territory
Ooh~ Sounds very interesting~

Feel free to change anything to fit better~
Name: Shizu Sogone
Height: 5'8"-ish
Personality: She's not good with social interaction...very awkward. Although her intentions are usually good, she messes up a lot.
Appearance: This one, this one, or this one, your choice.
Backstory: Something like having such a lazy user that she has to go out on her own most of the time? Maybe she'd go out and get caught up in one of the extremist groups.
If you don't use the third image (the bird one), you can ignore this part: Maybe, earlier on when UTAU was still a new thing, they built in a secondary form. Maybe it has some lasers powers that could wipe out a lot of people/UTAU/a certain extremist group at once, but only once. And without knowing, her user thinks this form is utterly useless as she can't sing/speak well while in it.
User: Her user's rather chill, and doesn't really do a whole lot with Shizu. While she's there, she's pretty much absent, but Shizu still lives with her. Her user works from home (doing who knows what...), leaving Shizu to herself. (She also pretty much bought Shizu because "Hey, that looks cool!" and she had money to burn.) Her user does just barely enough to keep Shizu from being repossessed.

Lorreine Geralde

lorreinegeralde@IRIS-SELECIA
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Name: Kaiserine Sympherianne (her surname has been changed today)

Height: 5'10"

Personality: (Modified for the sake of the comic) She appears to be more humanly although she likes everything unearthly/ghostly. Being a strange straight detective, she seems to be serious in everything as she rarely smiles except when she is not busy. However, she is actually very kind and friendly to everyone.

Appearance: http://shuureiconanheim.deviantart.com/art/Kaiserine-Shirokurone-Final-Design-294593974

Backstory: (Obvious spoiler is obvious) She was once lived with her creator in an old wooden house in a rural area. She is a great fan of detective, horror, mystery and supernatural stories, can draw perfectly since she learnt art from a light-hearted professional traditional and digital artist and wants to be a great detective in the future. However, she kept asking herself why she does not sound like a human. She tried to investigate about her own origin but she thought that her creator kept observing her...until one day, she saw a sketch of an apparition named Kaiserchrome  (<a href="http://shuureiconanheim.deviantart.com/art/Kaiserchrome-sketch-213408966">Kaiserchrome - sketch</a>) drawn by her creator's friend on an oil paper, which was found in a drawer. She then read her creator's one of the diary entry (the diary was found in the drawer too), telling how her creator was supposed to create a male UTAUloid who resembles that apparition but failed so she blamed herself for her failed attempt to create a man-like voice for that UTAUloid, abandoned him and began to create a female UTAUloid whose her face resembled that apparition - Kaiserine herself. Enraged, Kaiserine burnt the diary with a lighter, packed everything into her luggage and left the house and her creator. Her creator had no idea on how Kaiserine could know her secret. Currently, Kaiserine lives in a house in Baker Street, London, lives like a normal human and works as a private detective and a high school student but she is unaware that someone knows her true identity as an UTAUloid.

User: So far, Ayane-tan@dA is Kaiserine's only user but due to some problems with her voice, she may ignore her until she gets a new better voice.

F

FienaMcKaren

Name: Kazumine Akira
Height: 5'6
Personality: Unpredictable; energetic, quiet and soft. She is too vulnerable and gullible because of lack of expressions and she puts her headphone on high volume at all time so she doesn't focus on all people at her surroundings. Sometimes she is being mean with her user. However, she has a protective soul of her user beside of her mean attitude.
Appearance: I'll send it later. ^^
Backstory: Fuyuko, Akira's creator has a problem with her family and her father forced her to destroy Akira as she knew her father's dark secret. Fuyuko had to power her off at Akira's favourite places, park. She left Akira with a hope that somebody will use her properly and wish that she can find her back. When winter starts, A lonely boy who just transferred from USA looked at Akira (first thought as a doll) sitting at the bench. He reads the notes given from her creator. He feels pity and bring her back with a hope that he can help the creator of akira. At first Akira feel awkward with him when he asked her to sleep beside him because he has a bunk of bed only. One day, he found out that she is an UTAUloid from a website about her creator. Then, he try to help her on,singing,and to be well-known. At last, he plans to meet her with her creator although he doesn't want to lost her.
User: creator, fuyuko, a determined person but soft. She created akira based on most of her character but she can't include the emotions inside her. User, Shiro Hanataga. He found her at park and take care of her. He is timid  and quiet but it is changes when akira present in his life. He is 15 but taller than her. He is caring and sometimes he can't control himself with Akira's cuteness. He try on his best to make her life better than his life to become,solitary without his parents. He developed his feelings to her when he found out her true personality but he still can't to confess because of his motive to take care of her.

Shinaichivocaloid

Teto's Territory
Name: Megan Shinaichi
Height: 5'8
Personality: Very controlling and demanding. She finds herself wanting to rule the world all the time and she will stop at nothing to get it, even if that means murder. She tends to be a loner even though she wants friends but because of her sadistic nature she scares others off. She's rude to people at first but once she's used to you she can be very kind.
Appearance: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=megan+shinaichi#/d50scmf
Backstory: Megan is from a rich family living with her five other siblings who are also UTAU. Slowly all of them were sold off, and Megan holds a lot of grief and regret over that. Separated from her family she was the only one not sold off. She wants to rule the world badly so she can find her siblings and make the world better so people don't have to live without their siblings again. Her main goal is to get extremely famous and she won't stop no matter what.
User: Her user, by the same first name, is very cowardly and shy. Although she tries to help Megan with her goal most of her family are in the anti-UTAU movement and theirs not much she can do. She's also trying to get Megan's siblings back but in a more peaceful way. Their relation is more of a sisterly relation though Megan tends to bully her a lot.

(I hope this is ok ;_:wink:

Meta

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Oh snap, I can't believe people dug up this thread.

Umm, I'll try to add everyone's characters in.

On another note, I don't know when I'll be able to work on this. It was meant to be a summer project but that's gone to hell because a lot of last minute classwork got in the way. So everyone knows, and don't freak out that I forgot about it.

I might be able to write it during the semester, and we'll see when I start to draw it. I don't know, sorry.