Need help with Megumine Luna: Vocaloid4 Cross-Synthesis (XSY) (french noob)

Nouillette_2.0

Momo's Minion
To start, you should know that English is not my mother tongue at all and that I currently use Google Translate. If what I'm saying isn't necessarily clear, please let me know! :annoyed:

Some time ago I came across a very curious character, Megumine Luna (https://fanloid.fandom.com/wiki/Luna_Megumine). I found her voice, a mix of Luka and Rin, really excellent and it's true that I would love to be able to do covers with her (https://soundcloud.com/janexlane/megumine-lunawavecover). :love:

The problem is that I can't do her vocal bank like I could with Akita Neru or Yowane Haku, since Luna needs two different Vocaloids' voice banks (Luka and Rin) and I learned that he I had to use XYS, which I only recently learned about. There is really very little information that I could find on the subject of mixing two vocal banks. The only tutorial I could find that shows more or less what I want to achieve is this one: :bigtears:

But obviously if I had succeeded I would not be here asking how to do it. Indeed, no matter how I do, I can only mix two vocal banks from a single Vocaloid (eg: Rin_V4X_Power_EVEC/Warm). It may not be at my level, but at least I'm motivated to learn something I don't know despite the language barrier. That's how I've always been able to manage.

Also, if I manage to make Megumine Luna sing thanks to you, I would like to try to mix other vocal banks when I understand how it works, but I heard that it was not possible with all the Vocaloids (for example: this is not possible with VFlower). Do you think that would be possible with SF-A2 Miki and Kagamine Len?

Thank you already in advance because I might forget afterwards! :uhuhu:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Officially, you can only use XSY between Vocaloid 4 voicebanks in the same group. Normally this means a single character only. There's also an XSY group for AHS vocaloids, and an XSY group for Internet Co vocaloids.