New UTAU dude

Steel

Teto's Territory
I made a new CV UTAU. His name is Caeles. Any feedback, kind, constructive, or scathing, would be awesome. Thank you.

caeles.jpg

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/denkisai/new-utau-infinity[/soundcloud]
This is the only cover (Infinity; True End, by Cosmo-P) I made with him (solo) so far, though I might have tweaked more OTOs since.

DianaTan

Teto's Territory
The design is really amazing~ =O
It would be kind of unique in the UTAU fandom

But Í have to agree, the voice is a bit muffled

LupinAKAFlashTH

DEX's Voice Provider. Woah.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I love the design! ;w;

EDIT:  After listening to the voice, I think its great!  It has a nice timbre, a little deep but not overly deep, and you can actually hear some of the crispness that comes from high-harmonics in a male's voice (a la the treble, which is often ignored by the general community, I think, as a "good" aspect in a male's voice, as the actual good male voices are hidden by the (imo) harder-to-use-without-sounding-bad totally-deep voices, which are often times so deep that A. no treble is heard upon re-synthesis, and B. the voice-provider themselves have trouble maintaining proper pronunciation due to emphasizing vowels in an attempt to maintain some energy in recordings, which isn't even necessary for low voices.  A good example of an excellent low timbre upon re-synthesis would be Giga Lacan), which I feel is often missed by many male UTAUloids of this kind of timbre.  Excellent work so far. o3o

Steel

Teto's Territory
Ah, yes. I realize the mix that I did with him came out muffled, mainly because the instrumentals/vocals are busy, thus constantly clashing. I think boosting the volume on the vocals may help (or reducing volume on the instrumentals.) I'll see if I can rectify the issues of the mix at some point to bring out more clarity in the vocals.

One recurring criticism I have gotten from my friends after finishing a mix, is that I can't seem to balance instrumentals vs vocals in regards to volume balance. In some attempts, I'd unintentionally make the instrumentals overpower the voice. In other attempts, the voice happens to overwhelm the instruments. If anyone can impart advice in regards to that subject, that would be awesome. (lol I should've just posted this in VB critique, woops. Oh well)

I'm glad the design of the character has good reception, though. Thank you, everybody.

The voice of this UTAU came out a little "thick" and heavy sounding in terms of tonal quality/timbre, even though the annunciation is fairly clear.

Here, I rendered out a short sample piece of the song, sans the instrumentals, so you can clearly hear how he sounds. I used TIPS re-sampler. Hopefully this is better.

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/denkisai/caeles-test[/soundcloud]

LupinAKAFlashTH

DEX's Voice Provider. Woah.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Made my edits to my original post, but I'm going to repost them for convenience.

After listening to the voice, I think its great!  It has a nice timbre, a little deep but not overly deep, and you can actually hear some of the crispness that comes from high-harmonics in a male's voice (a la the treble, which is often ignored by the general community, I think, as a "good" aspect in a male's voice, as the actual good male voices are hidden by the (imo) harder-to-use-without-sounding-bad totally-deep voices, which are often times so deep that A. no treble is heard upon re-synthesis, and B. the voice-provider themselves have trouble maintaining proper pronunciation due to emphasizing vowels in an attempt to maintain some energy in recordings, which isn't even necessary for low voices.  A good example of an excellent low timbre upon re-synthesis would be Giga Lacan), which I feel is often missed by many male UTAUloids of this kind of timbre.  Excellent work so far. o3o