No sound generation on utau

computergeek

Momo's Minion
I have worked with computers for my years. i have gotten programs to function properly when no one else could. For some reason, i can not get utau to generate any sound. i know how to use the program, i have checked numerous websites on utau operation procedures. i can not get utau to produce any sound. dose anyone know about how i may be able to fix this problem. i have tried the windows 8 fix for this program, and i got noting from it. i have tried running it in compatibility mode, i have tried running the program on different sound drivers, i have tried many different sound output devices... all with no result

COMPUTER SPECS
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
Windows 8 x64-based processor
IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
-Intel (R) Display Audio
:sad:

RUIN

Momo's Minion
You need your locale set to Japanese. Go to project property, select the engine you wish to use ("Tool 2(resample)"), press OK, make sure that the voicebank has the aliases set to Romaji or Hiragana(whichever characters were used in the UST(UST is an UTAU project file)), select the notes, press play, listen to magic. You need to load a voicebank in order for it to sing because no input==no output. If that doesn't fix it, change your decimal point.
So much for a computer geek.

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
...To elaborate on RUIN's points;

Make sure your LOCALE is set to JP. UTAU will not work properly if it was installed without Japanese locale, so if it's not in Japanese, go change it, then re-install UTAU.

Additionally, make sure that whatever voice bank you're using has files that correspond with the lyrics you're using.
If you're using Defoko outside of Japanese locale, she will be corrupted and will not work 9 times out of 10. Make sure her files are intact and named not in mojibake, then make sure your UST is in hiragana, not romaji. If you're using one you recorded yourself, make sure you actually have the files (eg, if it says - あ, make sure you have "- あ.wav").
We kind of need more information. Basically you gave us all this information on your system, but nothing we actually need, like Locale or Voice Bank or UST or Resampler.

Another point made was to check your decimal point, which has been shown to cause many an issue with UTAU:
http://utaforum.net/thread-vcv-and-cv-resampler-problem?pid=45223#pid45223|

Finally, check that you have UTAU set to "Run as Admin" when opened. If you don't do that it can sometimes cause access issues, such as reading Voice Banks in the voice folder, or changing configuration.
All in all, this sounds more like a usage issue than the program itself.

computergeek

Momo's Minion
found out why it isnt working... the sound hardware dosent support any sound rendering programs. thanks for the help though