[Opinions!] Most Realistic UTAU!?

Discussion in 'UTAU Discussion' started by SynthJ, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Mougeki Mero

Mougeki Mero Defoko's Slaves Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Dont hate me but I dont think kyaami is that great...oh well...off topicness yes...

Funny thing is that those "normal user" banks (tho they are all recorded with professional assets) sounds easily or more realistic than, for example, Windows' 100% UTAU, or then than the Tohoku sisters...they all are good UTAU but getting HQ results with Renri, for example, seems to be way easier...

kimchi-tan and Piia like this.
  2. Skiyoshi 十三

Skiyoshi 十三 Lotus#12915 Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I would say Number Bronze. But personally if a person is really good with tuning and has the assets within the utau, any new utau could become as realistic.

luiysia likes this.
  3. Pupuomena

Pupuomena Defoko's Slaves Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    In general, voice banks that has multi pitch VCV or CVVC VB with (near to) HQ voice quality PLUS the voice itself is not "voice acted" (like for example Gachapoid and Kane Tomo which both sound very cartoonish).

Gachapoid and Kane Tomo cannot sounds "realistic" but, however, they can sound good with good amount of effort in tuning/mixing.

This is just my opinion but basically (almost) any multi pitch CVVC/VCV voicebank with "natural/no voice acted" voice type & decent voice quality can sound pretty realistic. If not realistic, at least can sound good.

kimchi-tan and Mougeki Mero like this.
  4. Iris Dragonoure

Iris Dragonoure Pray to our lord and saviour Choi Minki Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    quoting old post orz
    yep.
    merry.
    gotta love her.

kimchi-tan likes this.
  5. Matsuban

Matsuban Teto's Territory Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    This is a hard question because i feel like i've become blind to UTAU's. I mean obviously bad ones are going to not sound real, But 99% of the banks i like or use sound realistic to me. I'm not sure if its because i'm blind to it like i mentioned, or if its because they are actually good.
    But i'm going to be generic and say that Ruko yokune has ALWAYS sounded really nice and on the more real side. Also namine ristu too.

6. katli10

katli10 Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Guess it's my time to actually say what I think after replying to this thread and...well, not answering the question.
    Obvious choices are Gahata Meiji, Yamine Renri, Kohaku Merry, and the Saltpan UTAU. I'd also throw in Mawarine Shuu if used correctly.

Pupuomena, Piia and Mougeki Mero like this.
  7. Mougeki Mero

Trophy Points
    Maybe...I am not a fan of Shuu and I think he is overrated (there were a lot of HQ UTAU before him with similar voice sounds), but I agree that using him correctly sound more realistic...

Curious thing: Seeing all the comments here, the FEMALE voices that arent very hi-pitch seems to sounds more realistic to us (Meiji, Renri and specially Merry),...On other side, the MALE voices that sound more hi-pitch and have shouting samples (Ruko, Shuu...) are our first choice...

8. Lorreine Geralde

Lorreine Geralde Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Miles Gunner and Iris Libra, but mostly for their English voicebanks if they are used correctly. I don't know about Iris Libra, but Miles Gunner's English (CVVC) and Japanese (VCV) have 2 pitches.

Which explains why they can sing better.

9. kimchi-tan

kimchi-tan Your local Mikotard Global Mod Moderator Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Personally, I consider Meiji as high-pitched? Just my opinion.

As for why lower males seem to lack being mentioned, perhaps it's because of how resamplers handle lower masculine voices? They usually sound hard imo and powerful shouting male vbs are supposed to be hard-sounding which is perhaps why they sound natural to us?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    Mougeki Mero, Piia and Pupuomena like this.
  10. Wolfe Nebula

Wolfe Nebula Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    Ok in my opinion the most realistic voices are Yamine Renri, Mine Laru, and Kohaku Merry. My secondary choices would be Kazuko Yonagine and Toby Osbourne.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 8, 2016 ---
    OH AND SKETCH HE'S PRETTY NICE

SynthJ likes this.
  11. SynthJ

SynthJ Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I also wanna add the Tohoku sisters. Tohoku Ikato can be extremely extremely realistic -

Also, what are some English UTAU you find realistic?? :smile: Glad you all seem to be enjoying this topic !!

Piia likes this.
  12. Mougeki Mero

Trophy Points
    I dont think the Tohoku sisters are realistic sounding tbh Even with a good tuning...:sad:

Well, anyway I am not too much familiar with English UTAU...For me Alice16 and Yozane Iimo's english VBs are very closer to real woman human voices, but I am not sure if they sound really realistic or just very good XD

13. Piia

Piia Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    *pats your back* :')

bio likes this.
  14. kimchi-tan

Trophy Points
    I absolutely fell in love with Desune Moralix (okay I fell in love with her voicer mora's voice first but you know what I mean)

And there's @Kuro Cure 's utau, Sakasa Shiki's 4-pitch power VCCV ;A;/

15. Olivia091220034

Olivia091220034 Teto's Territory Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    It kinda depends on the mixing/tuning for me.
    Though if we're choosing, I'd pick Kohaku Merry, Number Bronze, Fuutari Makku, Shione Lt, Koharune Ami, Lacan Giga, technically, lots of UTAU that I find realistic:uhuhu:.

SynthJ likes this.
  16. kimchi-tan

Trophy Points
    I KEEP FORGETTING TO MENTION AIDO

I've never heard a more understandable English utau than him ;A;/<3
    His Japanese ARCTIC is pretty good too <3

Amane Cha-Cha's recently released BREAKTHROUGH voicebank nnnngggg

UTAUlikeVOCALOID and nanaro like this.
  17. Piia

Piia Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Anyone mentioned Zuiga Mizuki?

UTAUlikeVOCALOID likes this.
  18. luiysia

luiysia Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    omg yeah my standards for "realistic" are WAY below that of a normal person. but in the end I do think that this classic number bronze cover shows how realistic she is! either her or yamine renri? mizuki zuiga can sound pretty dang good too. not particularly adding anything new to the thread I guess :P

Pupuomena and Piia like this.
  19. LilacBat

LilacBat Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    The most realistic CV bank that I use would probably be Miwa Funamori??? She has a really nice voice and she has end breaths for each vowel so yeah,,,

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017