PÄN Design Critique, First Draft OHGODWHY...

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Here I come with another weird idea for an utau to add to my f'ed up collection D;

PÄN(パーン) is half seriphim(six-winged angel) and half satyr(goat man) ...(WTF?)

I got the idea--don't laugh(or do)--initially from the gregorian chant panis angelicus(I might make Panis Angelicus his full name for maximum derpiness), which made me think of Pan the Greek Mythology satyr and an Angel would make a cool combination. WTF have I created...

Anyway, here's where I'm thinking of going with this guy--I had to take a pic with my phone so I hope it's somewhat distinguishable:
BTW, I tried to make it somewhat resemble one of those Greek statues with the curly-ish hair .x. Also, if your wondering why in the main pic one goat ear is perky and the other droops its because I couldn't choose one style so I decided they were ninja and could do whatever they want. Also, he has an instrument that's a combo of an angel's harp and (pan)pipes... wtf is wrong with my brain why is this created -dies-
e7ad3b6a-f04c-4a2d-a725-05e8dbffdbb0_zpsc8f7100a.jpg

Edit: 6/4/13 - I added an extra joint to the legs, they didn't seem very comfortable to walk with...

Anyway, critiques/tips/blah blah blah appreciated... oh, and ideas for a colour scheme would be really helpful too ;u; Thank you for this waste of time... D;

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Well, as I deeply love mythology and that I find gregorian songs quite beautiful, then yes, it's a perfect combo' ! ='D

Moreover, it's original because until now, I haven't really seen any winged Pan-like UTAU yet.... And great idea of instrument too ! ~

Once you're advanced with this UTAU, I'd love to hear a demo, in case the voice would be as epic as the design <3

Ah also for colours well.... Staying in ochre, Brown colour scheme ? And adding a bit of seagreen or olive green with it, and a bit of pale blue

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Thank you~ I guess I will create this UTAU, so I'll happily(try my very best to remember to) post a demo hear or something when I record him~ I'm still thinking the design is a weird idea, but perhaps a good weird? I just hope it's not too overbearing... D|

That somewhat the colour scheme I was thinking, and I supposed I'll probably try out something like that... it seems like the best route right now. I'm afraid of it ending up with too boring colours due to it's nature-y ness, but I supposed I can't get to crazy and that's probably as colourful as I can get without butchering it xD

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Well, to be honest I prefer THAT weird towards a certain kind which looks gross and boring

Plus, as I said earlier, there aren't that much mythology-inspired UTAUloids (imo) so it's wonderful to see one <3

And yeah, anyway if you're not sure about colours, you can still make an alternative appearance/outfit and use those colours and why not, giving his character the power to change colours like a chameleon does x'3

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Well, I recorded a voice... these are just very short tests in different octaves... oto's arent great but I'll work on it
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/sumeishi/new-utau-pan-test-medium-low[/soundcloud]
...Now I've got a lot of oto-ing to do ;u;

I've been experimenting with the colours... I'll probably update this post soon with the coloured designs since I'll prolly need help picking :sick:

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hmmm, it fits perfectly~

Also I love PAN's tone *A* You can really imagine him singing in a forest lol

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
PAN_transparentfullgrey_zps1ca003cd.png

I coloured him finally ;u; I tried to help balance out the demon/angel elements of him with colour, and also the nature :sick: