PSA: Dont take VB files and claim as your own

HixaiU

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hi there,

As some of you may know me Im hixai/bodytemp/Kat and Ive made a lot of voice banks in the past most of them discontinued but they are still floating around. I was looking for some voices for a utau melody I have just finished tuning and I stumbled across one that sounded just like one of my own voicebanks. So I decided to listen to a couple of samples and see if it was just a tuning thing that I should get rid of. To my surprise, its the exact same reclist that I used so it was easy to listen to and compare but it got even more troubling when I put them both into melodyne to check. Exact same file exact same recording. Now Im not going to name the bank or the person in question I have already messaged the person about this. The thing is, you shouldn't claim others voices as your own. I mean, have pride in the voice you have been provided with. Everyone has a unique voice that belongs to them and they are willing to share it with the world. Why shouldn't you use your own voice instead?

For now, all my banks will be discontinued including my newest one. All links are now inactive and retired if you have my banks please do not redistribute you may use them for covers only.

Thanks.

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
This is why you can't have nice things UTAU community. I understand if you hate your voice or your mic is crap, but no one's work should be plagiarized. No excuse. Too lazy to make your own tried and true UTAU? Use the ones that are available and credit the proper sources. Don't pass it off as yours.

Shasta

Professional Lurker
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
So sorry to hear this happened to you. There really is no reason to steal voicebanks. Even of you can make your own, or hate your voice, there are people out there who are willing to just dump unwanted banks on you. I've literally had people toss old, unwanted banks at me for no real reason. It's also not hard to just... Idk... Ask. Literally no reason to steal a bank.

Kei-T

Teto's Territory
I can't believe that VB stealing still a thing. Come on people, it's 2017, that kind of behavior should be dead by now.

Anyways, I'm really sorry that this happened to you. As others have said, there's absolutely no reason to steal someone else's VB. (◞‸◟;)

Avalia-Kasa

probably a potato tbh
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I legit have no idea what stealing a voicebank could actually accomplish for someone in the fandom. Popularity? You're not going to get popular if you don't have very good covers or use a variety of vocals. Jealousy? Why? That someone else made a nicer bank than you could? You know how you could fix that? By practicing. I just don't get it.

Voicebank theft is honestly, in my opinion, the worst form of art theft. Like, while all theft is bad, how the hell does one accomplish anything with a voicebank you stole??? How???

Sorry that happened, dude.