Question about VCV aliases

Melomad

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I am currently otoing my VCV voicebank and I've used Namine Ritsu reclist. I've noticed that in Namine Ritsu's oto the same phonemes are sometimes aliased in two different way. For example the phoneme "zye" is aliased with ずぃぇ and づぃぇ.
So, I'd like to know all the "duplicates" that I should include in my oto.

I hope my question is understable !

Kuku Klock

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Lets see I know "wo" needs two since it depends on who made teh ust so you need
を and うぉ in your alias

And if you do breaths
ahh, a_hh, a R, a -
(and teh same with e, u, i, o, and n)

Reactions: Melomad

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
"Zye"...?!??? That must be an Engrish omake sound because "zy" doesn't exit in Japanese.

"zu" sound can be written as ず or づ, it depends on the word which one is used (e.g. みず/mizu=water, つづく/tsuzuku=to be continued).

Same with "ji", it can be written as じ or ぢ depending of word (e.g. じぶん/jibun=myself, はなぢ/hanaji=nose blood).

Please, don't ask why Japanese has two ways to write "zu" or "ji", I don't know.

But with a standard Japanese VB, it's fine to alias "zu" as ず and "ji" as じ only and I think that 99% people nowadays does that - even natives too!

Last edited:

Kuku Klock

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
This sample has never been necessary in a Japanese voicebank. Please omit it and all similar ones.
I wouldn't say not necessary, more so uncommon. I've seen older Engrish Usts use Zye. Kinda like saying "See A" or if a faint "french" accent was wanted; "Go to ze/zye lake down town" I guess it just depends though. Since I do record things like Fye/fyu/fyo/fya etc i use it for engrish if my base sounds can't or dont cut it.

Melomad

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Lets see I know "wo" needs two since it depends on who made teh ust so you need
を and うぉ in your alias

And if you do breaths
ahh, a_hh, a R, a -
(and teh same with e, u, i, o, and n)
Alright, thank you ! I'll add it to my list !
This sample has never been necessary in a Japanese voicebank. Please omit it and all similar ones.
Err .. Okay i'll do it since the vb will end up less big but just one question : why those kind of phonemes even exist if they are useless ?
[doublepost=1495473736][/doublepost]
"Zye"...?!??? That must be an Engrish omake sound because "zy" doesn't exit in Japanese.

"zu" sound can be written as ず or づ, it depends on the word which one is used (e.g. みず/mizu=water, つづく/tsuzuku=to be continued).

Same with "ji", it can be written as じ or ぢ depending of word (e.g. じぶん/jibun=myself, はなぢ=nose blood).

Please, don't ask why Japanese has two ways to write "zu" or "ji", I don't know.

But with a standard Japanese VB, it's fine to alias "zu" as ず and "ji" as じ only and I think that 99% people nowadays does that.
Aaah, so it's for english !
Thank you for the ji and zu sound tho, I'll add it to my list :creepy:

Reactions: Nohkara