Recorded samples wrong and now Alias is wrong :(

bappo

Momo's Minion
So, I was dumb and recorded "とぅ" as "tou". don't ask. i was dying of heat in my room when recording the files. so, uh, what do I do to fix this? because now when "u to" is called for, he says "o to". should i just find something where he says "u to" or something and have it call for that? i'm really bummed lmao
Post automatically merged:

edit: it's also messing with "u ta". should i just re-record when i record some breaths tomorrow? *sigh* why do i have to be so dumb?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You can rerecord the sample when you get the opportunity to. I recommend listening back to some of the existing samples and mimicking the tone before you rerecord the sample, so that when you record the new sample it will still fit with the rest of the voicebank.

If you'd like to finish working on this song before you get the chance to fix the recording, what you can do is split the note into two notes. Hold ctrl+shift, then click and drag from the end of the note to split it. If you don't like the location of the split, you can adjust it afterwards by holding only ctrl, then dragging the end of the first note.
Make the first note a very short [to] and the second note a longer [ u ]. It may look something like this.
1624868871071.png
Since you mentioned it was a VCV voicebank, you could even change the leading vowel of the [ u ] note so that it covers up the "o" sound even more.
1624868918753.png

This technique can be useful when you're using other voicebanks that simply don't include the samples you need. But if this is your own voicebank, you have complete freedom to fix the original recordings, and that'll produce better-sounding results.

bappo

Momo's Minion
thanks ! i rerecorded them, but.... now there's another problem. i put in the string "de di di de da" and "e da" is the only one making noise. i did the same thing as the other samples (recording them in Oremo), and replaced the files that i recorded wrong. nice. cool. uh, yeah, those four notes aren't making noise. i deleted the .frq files for all the "d" sounds and still nothing. i'm using moresampler, and it's been really good. the regular defaults just crash utau entirely. i'm really stumped. they were working fine before..
no frickin noise.PNG