Resampler problems

Scintilla

Momo's Minion
I don't exactly know how to describe this, but when I render notes with some resamplers it makes this robotic growling noise, here are some samples of what I'm talking about:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0teCAUf8guN (tn_fnds)

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0fuYQ8VWh56 (TIPS)

The default resampler, EFB-GT, fresamp, and fresamp14 render the notes without that glitch, but all of the resamplers are abnormally slow in general. The default resampler, fresamp, and fresamp14 seem to work at "normal" speeds (which is usually moderately slow), but TIPS, tn_fnds, and EFB-GT (which are usually fast) are the same speed as the previously mentioned resamplers. They all used to work normally but now they don't, and no I didn't change my system locale back to the original setting, it's still set to Japanese. bkh01 works at the same speed as or slightly faster than TIPS (but I don't know what bkh01's normal speed is), and EFB-PB and w4u don't work at all (they didn't work before). I'm using Windows 10 if that helps.

Also, a while back I set this long and weird flag combination as the default and now I have to manually remove it because I can't access the note default settings to change it. (But this has nothing to do with the resamplers, I was just wondering if there could be a solution to it)

Last edited:

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I dont think its the frq map, but its better to check then assume. open the frq editor from the otoing window and see if there are any spikes/sudden jumps in the frq line. if there are you can try and correct them by placing them around where they should be.
If its not then im out of ideas:sad:
It sounds simmilar to a problem I ran into when using Teto and some version of fresamp, but I dont remember if I fixed it that time...

Scintilla

Momo's Minion
I dont think its the frq map, but its better to check then assume. open the frq editor from the otoing window and see if there are any spikes/sudden jumps in the frq line. if there are you can try and correct them by placing them around where they should be.
If its not then im out of ideas:sad:
It sounds simmilar to a problem I ran into when using Teto and some version of fresamp, but I dont remember if I fixed it that time...
Hmm...now that you mention that, I think the pmk files might be messed up since it's only TIPS and tn_fnds that are having this glitch. I'll try regenerating them and see if it renders normally.

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
It also depends on UTAUloid pre-config. Some of my Utau had similar problem because the frq files for resampler didnt exist (So it took a lot to create and rendee them)

frq, pmk, etc files were corrupted and notes rendered incorrectly, with glitched noises.

Scintilla

Momo's Minion
Okay so I regenerated the pmk files and now it renders normally, but does anyone know why all the resamplers I use are being kind of slow? When I first installed UTAU they were fast but now they're not...

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Okay so I regenerated the pmk files and now it renders normally, but does anyone know why all the resamplers I use are being kind of slow? When I first installed UTAU they were fast but now they're not...

Some UTAU doesng have .frq files so when you play something, the resampler qill first generate a .frq and then play the sound.

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
bank type also affects the speed. CV banks render faster that VCV for example. I think that has to do with length/size of the wave files.
there is a resapler patcher that will speed them up if you havent used it yet.

Scintilla

Momo's Minion
Some UTAU doesng have .frq files so when you play something, the resampler qill first generate a .frq and then play the sound.
I know that, when I download new voicebanks I check to see if they have all the .frq files and if they don't I generate them before using it. (I'm not using the G flag to regenerate them either)
bank type also affects the speed. CV banks render faster that VCV for example. I think that has to do with length/size of the wave files.
there is a resapler patcher that will speed them up if you havent used it yet.
Where do I get the resampler patcher and how much faster will it speed them up?

Edit: also CV banks and VCV are rendering at approximately the same speed as each other so I'm pretty sure that's not it. (well I mean that could be the problem for some people but not for me)

Last edited:

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
You can get the patcher from here. As for how fast it is, is showed in the video. Around 40% faster I think

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
edit: nevermind. removed that part

tn_fnds does not use any sort of frequency file so if it doesn't work then it'll never work.

The speed of your renders depends on if there frequency file is available., once these files are generated it will be much faster.
Many resamplers use their own format so they will need to make their own files as well but these can also be pre-generated ahead of time if you have time to kill.

Last edited:
Reactions: HulderBulder

Scintilla

Momo's Minion
Okay, but when I first installed UTAU it rendered extremely fast (and if it didn't have frequency files they generated quickly too), for both CV and VCV banks but then like a few weeks later it suddenly became slow, no matter what the resampler or voicebank type is. I'm pretty sure something went wrong with it because it doesn't let me access the note default settings (I'm trying to change it because once I set this weird flag as the default and now I have to manually remove it whenever I insert a new note) I think this is a problem with UTAU itself and not the resampler, the voicebanks, or my computer.

Also I recorded a video just to show how slow it is:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fz5xya1irhv1q8f/File 2016-03-31, 8 35 40 PM.mov?dl=0
(it renders at this speed for every bank)

Last edited: