RESPONSES NEEDED: Survey on Naturalness in Vocaloid Music

IzzacTwinzy

Momo's Minion
Hello, I am an AP Research student and will be using this survey as part of my data. Anyone interested in completing this survey will be asked to listen to a series of clips taken from Vocaloid songs and rate them based on the naturalness of their vocal tracks.

Explanations of what “natural” means in this context are included in the form. The survey takes approximately 20 minutes to complete.

Any responses you can give would be greatly appreciated! Other feedback is also appreciated, but understand that I will unlikely be able to respond to any comments at this time.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...KLCMsUABkVj8PphEk0KbWxVw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Good luck with your research!

I had rather middling responses in general, since my mental references were ranging from purely synthetic vocals (like Dectalk) to commercial AI voice models (like Synthesizer V). Though I suppose a limited scope like only songs using Vocaloid 2-5 only would make sense for a smaller project.
I felt like there was also a missed opportunity to include some Mitchie M songs or Police Piccadilly songs, though I don't fault you for picking your own favorite songs either haha.