Setting Alias for oto.ini

cosumiku

Teto's Territory
I set the locale to Japanese, then downloaded UTAU, then pasted the res folder to make it English, in that specific order.

Now, I finished my recordings and made the oto.ini thingy yadda yadda. Long story short, I'm trying to make the alias in hiragana. I click the 'a' key and it correctly inputs あ, but when I click 'set', it disappears.

I restarted my computer, tried again, and it's still doing that. Idk what do.. v__v

P

PurinPuff

If you send me the oto, I could alias it for you. I wouldn't know what your problem is, though, sorry. @_@

cosumiku

Teto's Territory
:sick: Okay, I think I'll wait out and see if there are any solutions before doing that, thanks anyway! I'll keep that in mind!

adriann

Ye Olde Fart
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Nikiten link said:
That happens to me too. What I do is hit 'enter' before I click set. I hope it works for you.
^ To add onto that, you're actually supposed to hit enter after typing anything in Japanese so that it stays. (Because when you don't, it sort of just stays underlined like it's waiting for more) So maybe that might be a thing?

I actually have this problem where I can't type into UTAU in Japanese at all, so what I do is just copy and paste what I want into UTAU. |:sing: It works okay for otoing because once you've got those done, you can use a ust with hiragana and it'll work despite the Japanese.

Are you sure your computer is set to Japanese Locale?
Because I know mine isn't lol

Raiyux

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Like they said, you have to hit enter before you click set.

I find that irritating especially when doing VCV because you have to keep hitting shift+alt to change locales. ._.

cosumiku

Teto's Territory
Same thing. Yes, it is in Japanese locale. I click enter, the あ is replaced by a "?". If I click the space bar, the sqiggly line under the  あ goes away, and  あ remains, but when I click enter it turns into a "?".