Should Mom/Dad UTAU be released?

keopi

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Let' say you get your parent(s) to record an UTAU. It's pretty cool since they're sharing one of your hobbies. But as you know there is a dark and freaky side to this fandom if you know what I mean. So, basically... in your opinion, would you release your mom or dad's, or any family members UTAU voice bank?

sailor _ravioli

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
(im actually wondering the same thing for grandma-loid rip) but yeah id probably just say "hey gma/mom/dad is it ok if i release this vb you recorded into the wilds of the internet?" and if they say yes just ask them if they would like any restrictions/rules/guidelines on usage etc.

Reactions: keopi

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Well, I'd ask them permission first, and then I woild ask mom/dad if they want to design a character for th VB too. And let they choose the rules...In other words, let they do their way...and you can always suggest things to them :D

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt //shotforshanaynayreference

Yes I've had three of my family members record voicebanks. I had my sister record Amaicho's older sister, my dad record Amaicho's dad, and my cousin recorded his own UTAU. However, my cousin's UTAU is missing samples and is god awful so it's never really seen anything other than a few oto'd samples. He was fine with it being released though, even made input into the design and the name and such. I'm pretty sure I designed the dadloid after he recorded, but either way the design is based off of my dad. He's actually released, or well, was released. I recently deleted a lot of my SC stuff and his release was one of them so I need to rerelease him. My dad knows about the entire "download a singer" part and even if he didn't he's not the best UTAU and I doubt people would do a lot of things with him. Even if they did, I have rules set for a reason. My sister didn't really have any part in the design, name, etc, like my dad, but the character was based off of her. I asked her about 2 years ago now if she would record and she said yes and then this year I finally got her to. I still need to finish the oto and such, but she is planned for a release and like the dadloid, she has set rules for a reason. I'm also gonna get my mom to record a momloid. (She kinda wants to do it, but I think she's just jealous my dad got to first.) She's also planned for a release, with set rules. I don't really see an issue with releasing the voicebanks without their permission. I mean, it would be nice to, but they probably already know you're going to do things with banks and they said yes to recording. If you set rules on the banks that specifically state not to do bad/freaky things with the banks I'm sure people will follow them. Plus, in my situation at least, my family members (excluding my sister) don't really go on the internet, sing, or are interested in this stuff. They could care less what I do with the banks.

dyne 智優

Shoutbox Lurker™
Defender of Defoko
Yes, you could release Familyloids but at least decide a definite set of rules with VP-san to control what one could do with the voicebank. You don't want anyone making a HANASU cover of a hentai scene using their voicebank, now do we? //shot
And yes, Myst has Parentloids in public release. Their names are Akiko and Akihiko Kikyuune.