Singer doesn’t show up in OpenUtau

SneezyEevee

Momo's Minion
He-o
I bypassed Windows blocking OpenUtau and my old pc didn’t blow up in a smoke Thanks Nordgeit!
Now I have a test bank since I’m still working on my main one in Utau. I made a copy of it and compressed it in the zip and basically followed all instructions on installing a singer on the GitHub wiki page and dagnabbit the singer won’t show up! There’s no trace of it whatsoever on OpenUtau itself despite it being in the singers folder. Im a bit ticked cause I’ve been at this for like three days now and I’m starting to lose my good humor… Rrrrrrrrr has anyone else had this issue with OpenUtau? Imma cry:cry:

Thehyami

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
You don't have to compress the folder into zip. In OpenUtau, go to Tools > Preferences, and then in the Paths section, you can select additional singer path. Select the folder where your voicebank is (not the voicebank folder itself). Then just close the window and restart OpenUtau.

Reactions: SneezyEevee

SneezyEevee

Momo's Minion
It was still giving me trouble, but then I saw that my character.txt was misnamed and now it’s showing up! Thanks both of you for your help! I can’t wait to get started :sing:

Last edited:
Reactions: Thehyami