"Singing"/Experimental voicebanks?

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
I've been experimenting with modulation for tuning a lot lately and would like to find voicebanks recorded in a nonconventional way. I don't mean just a new reclist but rather how the samples were recorded.

For example, rev sang Mahou then used that as samples here:
upload_2017-1-21_20-7-21.png

Then there's the other type of "singing" voicebank, where the samples were recording in a tune (for examples, Miko's first kire voicebank's D4 and F4 pitches) and where the sample changes pitch (not exactly in a tune, for example Ruko's Test Singing voicebank).
I'd upload samples for a clearer explanation but that would be like re-uploading a part of a voicebank OTL

Know any others like these? I would like to try tuning some o3o

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
I cant exactly get what you mean without listening a pure sample ;-;

Anyway, if I.understood correctly, it should be samples with a (subtle?) change of pitch? I am not sure, but I think Akesato's Emotional VB works this way.

Not sure but Meru Melodic's feroce VB is probably accidentally recorded this way for his highest pitches. Not sure XD

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ahhh! I know this special VCV recording style!

It is called 歌連続音 (uta renzokuoto) in Japanese! I don't know an English "translate" for this voicebank style, so, I think that calling it as "Singing VCV" or even as "uta renzokuoto" is fine.

Shione Lt, Tyaroemon (かたつむり Append) and 碩瀬水羽/Sekise Suiu having it for sure.
You can find more VB's recorded by this style by putting 歌連続音 in Nico Nico Douga or Google's Search.

For what I know, Singing VCV is the best to use with mod set to zero. If it's not zero, it'll sounds very likely very VERY off!

Off topic but creator of Shione Lt is also distributing a BGM guide for this recording style which is for 7/8 mora reclist with tempo 100/120/140 BPM (in ver2 one), you can find it here! IDK if there's other BGM guide versions made for this purposes, maybe you can find more if you search enough.

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko

It is called 歌連続音 (uta renzokuoto) in Japanese! I don't know an English "translate" for this voicebank style, so, I think that calling it as "Singing VCV" or even as "uta renzokuoto" is fine.

You can find more VB's recorded by this style by putting 歌連続音 in Nico Nico Douga or Google's Search.

For what I know, Singing VCV is the best to use with mod set to zero. If it's not zero, it'll sounds very likely very VERY off!

Off topic but creator of Shione Lt is also distributing a BGM guide for this recording style which is for 7/8 mora reclist with tempo 100/120/140 BPM (in ver2 one), you can find it here! IDK if there's other BGM guide versions made for this purposes, maybe you can find more if you search enough.
OOH IT IS THE RENZOKUOTO!!!

I am sure aoka's Anna Nyui and Desk-san's Suranki have these VBs!

Edit: and I think Akesato too

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
OOH IT IS THE RENZOKUOTO!!!

I am sure aoka's Anna Nyui and Desk-san's Suranki have these VBs!

Edit: and I think Akesato too
Yeah, I have not seen any other VB style recorded in "Singing" style than VCV, so I know "Singing VCV" only (TBH, "Singing" style doesn't work with CV and IDK with CVVC: I guess that it just works the best with VCV method).

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko

Yup! That's what I'm looking for! (I should have included the Japanese term for it in the first post OTL)

And I know it might sound weird when not in mod0, which is why I want to experiment using modulation on them >v<
Thank you two for suggestions! Feel free for the others to suggest any other singing voicebanks :sing:

Reactions: Mougeki Mero
K

Kassandra

Hmm, I used to warm up before recording/kinda sang more in this vb: idk if this is the type of recording style you meant or not.