Strange Ievan Polka YouTube Channels?

Discussion in 'UTAU Discussion' started by tetodash, Dec 16, 2019.

1. tetodash

tetodash Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    So this is some what random but I think it’s still relevant to this community. I keep seeing these channels on YouTube who seem to make nothing but Utau/“Pitchloid”covers of Ievan Polka. They all seem to be made by children and use that app “Gatchalife” to some extent. One of these accounts I found will basically make covers based on people’s profile pictures? It’s just really strange to me and I’d kind of like to know how this trend even started in the first place. I’ll link some videos here of examples of what I’ve seen:

https://youtu.be/-tPvydQDF94
    Most of these videos also don’t have any credits in the descriptions. Also a lot of these channels will use “-p” in their names but they aren’t actually producers as nothing here is original. Some of the content seems to be stolen too. I’m kind of tempted to ask one of these channels to make a cover for me using my Utau. The quality of these videos seem to fluctuate a lot too. Some of them have background noise of children screaming or what I can only assume is family members or people in the kid’s house talking. I’d like to know what you guys think of this. It seems to only have started recently because this wasn’t a thing when I was a kid like 10 years ago. When I was a kid I had no idea how to use Utau or edit videos like this even though they are simple. What kids do today online seems to be quite different from what they used to do. I could make an entire thread on that alone.

Buck likes this.
  3. RoboCheatsyTM

RoboCheatsyTM Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I've seen those, too, and I also find them quite curious as well, though I never bothered to actually watch the videos. I'm just gonna follow because now I'm curious as well!

tetodash likes this.
  4. Aurum79

Aurum79 Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    No idea what gatchalife is but I've noticed these channels too and they're kind of... creepy? It's almost botlike but most people into AI and procedural generation would be open about that, I think (there is a youtuber dedicated into generating 100% everything from the instrumentals to the lyrics, it's interesting).
    I thought it was just one very dedicated person making these and guessed it's their "special interest" but maybe it is a bunch of kids with access to resources and tutorials we never had back in the day. But why Ievan Polka? It's beyond a dead meme, you'd think at some point, if it's real people, they'd get bored and branch out into covering different things.

RoboCheatsyTM and tetodash like this.
  5. tetodash

tetodash Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Yeah! It kind of is creepy when you think about it like that. Some of these channels make content really quickly to the point where they probably could be bots but I think most of these channels are run by real people. Also Gatachalife is an app a lot of kids use to make avatars and I think they can also use it to make "short movie" type videos. I've never used it though so I could be wrong.

RoboCheatsyTM likes this.