Suggestion: Remove voicebanks from Resources section

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I feel like having voicebanks in Resources is redundant. We already have the Showcase, which is much better suited for sharing your UTAU anyway. It also distracts from other useful resources. Could someone let me know the reasoning behind having voicebanks there was in the first place?

Shasta

Professional Lurker
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
Hearing there are voicebanks in the resource area is news to me. Lmao. I never knew they were there. I do agree. Showcases and voicebank resources is pretty redundant..

Milk

i like bad things
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I don't mind it tbh. VB releases are in their own category in the resources section, so they can be easily filtered out when you're looking for specific something. Plus there aren't a whole lot voicebank releases in the section, so it's not like it's flooded with them or anything :P

VocAddict

The Voice Within Us
Defender of Defoko
I believe people used the Resources as a place for voicebank downloads when the Showcase wasn't available. But since there's Showcase, there's really no point in having a voicebank category in the resources anymore.

Like, if you really want to put your your utau somewhere else than the Showcase, there is the Downloads section (which I also believe is slightly redundant as well).

But I agree, the voicebank category should be removed from the Resources section.

heta-tan

Genderless Goon
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I think the main reason there's a section for voice banks is for appends and such to be connected to the showcase item.
It is kind of unnecessary but I guess that's what people use instead of making a website or some sort of outside collection of banks for the downloads section in the showcase?

Reactions: Piia

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I don't mind it tbh. VB releases are in their own category in the resources section, so they can be easily filtered out when you're looking for specific something. Plus there aren't a whole lot voicebank releases in the section, so it's not like it's flooded with them or anything :P
Yeah but this isn't default and most people don't know that they can do this.

Plus it also artificially increases someone's resource count, something usually related to tutorials and such.