UTAU advice please?

MixyHope39

Teto's Territory
Well, I guess I'm having a bit of a hard time deciding of something...

OK, here it goes.

I wish to make an UTAU group with a few friends of mine. [I was inspired by CU6IC]
Well, the thing is, I have no problem using Re:Mix in the group, HOWEVER, my friends would be new to it, and their UTAUs would be V1 [ACT1], whereas Re:Mix is already in his V3.

I personally find it unfair for them. =(

I mean, I wouldn't mind starting over with him, and have a safe start with my friends, but it wouldn't really much be of a start over...I mean, I want to use my natural voice, like I did Re:Mix, just like my friends will do. So, if I create this UTAU, it will sound like Re:Mix. I mean, I can voice act a bit, so I can change his voice a bit, so it MAY sound more or less LIKE him.

A new voice [kinda] with a new name and design and in a group.

The problem I'm having though is, if I do this, would this be redundant in some way? I mean, would starting over like that be a really stupid thing to do?
I just want to be fair with my friends and not be the advanced one.

What do you guys think? A stupid idea? your opinions/thoughts?

Thank you for taking your time in reading and expressing your thoughts/feelings. I'm really open-minded, so I will consider and think hard on what you all have to say before I make a decision.

[Forgive me if this is in the wrong place. I'm pretty sure it is, but JUST in case, go ahead and move it to the right place]

Asuka

Teto's Territory
Alright, IMO I don't think there should be a problem using your V3 voicebank. Either way, his voice is yours and such; and that doesn't change the fact that you have experience with UTAU. Even if they're starting from scratch, you might as well, but you have experience already so I don't really see how it would be unfair for them.

Well, I don't think you can change the fact that you're more "advanced" than they are; just like how you can't change the past so that you have never created an UTAU before.

If you're planning on starting over and creating a brand new UTAU by voice acting, there shouldn't be any problem with that! It's not stupid at all-- a lot of UTAU users genderbend or change their voice when they record to create new voicebanks; and what you'll be doing (if you are planning to do this) is exactly the same-- creating a new voicebank by changing the way your record.

I think that's completely fair.
But then again, I think you should ask your friends for their opinions as well.
And this is also your decision, but either options would work out well.
If you're making a new UTAU, you could create a group with your friends while your existing UTAU could be a stand-alone UTAU.