UTAU art when you don't know how to art

ArcheKoeln

Momo's Minion
Does anybody have some tips on what to do when you have a VB but you can't draw and you don't have $$$ to commission an artist?

I've been really on and off for a loooong time about making a VB that's legit and of quality but I always get discouraged because I don't have art skill myself and im broke af.

Help me out pls.

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Sometimes asking for requests (in the form of sketches) can yield results. Offering trades in the form of something you can do well (otos, videos, instrumentals, lyrics, etc.) is more likely to get some offers. Alternatively: release the bank anyway without concept art. It's not necessary to get attention for the voice unless your primary method of promotion is youtube/pvs. A well done bank will get traction - it'll just take a little longer.

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Also, consider using MMD/PMD (if you want to/can). If you can get a handle on learning how to edit models in PMD, it's a good start to have a design until you have money you can commission with.

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
Well, one persom cosplayed their banks design instead of drawing them. You could do that

Chianachini

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I made my first designs in PMD, but I've since started the (long) process of making my own models in Blender. Customizing dl'ed mmd parts can turn out really well!

There's also the VY1/2 option of just creating a cool logo, design, or object

Something I saw mentioned long ago but don't think anyone ever did was photography! Dress up yourself or your friends in some cool clothes and/or a wig that fits your character and have fun posing and taking pics. You might even take off in a photography or modeling career!

~gahh sorry for nerding out its such an exciting idea i would love to see it happen~

Reactions: Nohkara

Milk

i like bad things
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
There's a lot of great ideas here but i'll add onto this thread anyways.
One thing you can always do is just sketch something out, either traditionally or use MSpaint. It's super homestretch material and probably won't look that good, but it gets the general idea of what your UTAU looks like, which can come in handy if you do decide to pay someone for character art in the future!