[UTAU Conceptualizing/WIPs] Project Caroarood

SingingCelestial

Teto's Territory
If this is in the wrong spot, do let me know for, when in the future of making more UTAU (which I probably don't see happening, as I'm starting out at 5 to begin with! XD), I'll be able to post it in the proper section.

Anyway, here's where I'll be posting conceptual stuff and bouncing off very random ideas involving a group of five universal-travelling, English-singing, ragtag misfits for feedback and notes. And this is just so I have an idea of what they are like before I begin to work on recording their voices. Main reason for delaying on recording: practically living in a very volatile area and mic picks up on every sound (doesn't help that a TV is usually going full-blast in most cases).

I'm too used to having my characters be a mostly blank state and RPing as them to flesh them out, so this approach of developing characters is very new-ish for me.

Anywho, mentioning that they're universal travelers... They're not ones from Earth nor even this particular Solar System. They are from a particular universe known as the Caroarood Veil. They each come from different planets... Well, save for one, but more on that one later in this posting. Yet they have a pretty strong bond of friendship and comradery, despite that.

I have very little info at this point beyond a face, name, and little tiny bits of (mostly) useless information and portions of analogies(?) or comparisons to inspiration factors.

First up, we've go the "leader" of the group.
NI0TC3G.jpg

Thauma is, suffice to say, a Galaucus Atlanticus ("Blue Dragon"/"Blue Angel" Sea Slug) Kemonomimi.
He tends to be serious and very cautious most of the time. This is due to the fact that he does have tendrils around his four wrists and six that jut out on both sides of his tail.
What's in those tendrils? Deadly poison. Much akin to that of the Portuguese Man of War Jellyfish, to be exact. Though, the sting that results from touching the tendrils are BEYOND excruciating (I'd say... something to the effect of napalm?) to humans.
Speaking of poisons, he's practically immune to most toxins. Key word: Most. There are a few chemicals that will be poisonous to him, but I don't exactly remember what yet...
Also, being a Kemonomimi based off an aquatic creature, he has a love of all watery areas. The way he swims about is pretty similar to his non-humanesque Earth counterparts: Upside-down drifting on currents and winds.
Which is where I'll bring attention to his color scheme: The front of him is blues and black while his back is silver/grey. Mainly based off the camouflaging that Galaucus Atlanticus has. His eyes are olive in color.
In a way, he's often stated to be a "Water Ninja" due to how often he "disappears" and "reappears" in water.

Next, a spellpunk with a bit of irony attached!
BAkd50E.jpg

Peli is a Transwoman Ice spell-casting punk. Don't let the colors deceive you on that front.
She is considered to be Thauma's closest friend, and he often relaxes when she's near.
Though, there's one thing to note: Her behaviors and personality are quite erratic. One moment she'd be full-on blasting the person to badmouth her, her crew, or Thauma especially, but then be like "OMG, lemme borrow your top!" a second later.
Concept (Not permanent nor canon yet... on the fence about this): Peli will often ask outsiders to watch a video with her... Do NOT trust her on this! It'll often be a "Don't Hug Me I'm Scared" vid or something similar OR a bad .EXE game. She'll often be humming or singing along with the former or laughing super-hard in the case of the latter. The reasoning behind this is, despite coming from a super laid-back planet... it's pretty messed up when it comes to comedy. Any and ALL inhabitants (including Peli) are no exception.

And third, another spell-person!
V5Yj8MA.jpg

(Note: A thing he has that is not shown here is that he has a sun on his left and moon on his right shoulders on the "Front" of the cape. A little detail that was added after the fact.)
Not very much is known about Erasmus yet... Except he's a electric-based spellcaser and has a clockwork revolver hidden somewhere beneath his cape.
... And that, he's most likely a VERY experimental cook, always coming up with new recipes at a moment's notice.

And now... some Space!
9cns0Y0.jpg

(I swear, he actually HAS a flower motif on his "biker" jacket... This was an earlier sketch, so I didn't think to add it in yet... orz)
What can I say about Akash....? Well, his appearance is similar to that of the Tom Tom Gang's members (though, he'll say he doesn't look good in their stripes), but he is more human and WAY less evil and jackass-ish than his... anthro counterparts.
He can control space to only a minor extent. Namely, using wormholes to get from place to place when it's long distance and a devastating Black Hole for drastic defense purposes only. Oh, and decoys. Can't forget about those!

And last, but not least, more Space! XD
UU6hhNP.jpg

And, finally, we have Sadeft. A "Child of the Cosmos", as it were. Xe has no planetary birthplace.
Because of this xe often is curious, almost to a very high extreme. This often leads xem into trouble, as xe also has no sense of danger to speak of.
Though Sadeft is made up of space and constellations, xe is NOT immortal nor invincible by any means. In fact, xe is actually the MOST vulnerable of the Caroarood Veil Misfits. Even xeir lazer hair is not very effective for protecting xeirself.
Though, on a side note, xe can also get from place to place quickly through wormholes.
As to the extent of xeir powers, it is unknown currently.

SingingCelestial

Teto's Territory
After some high-tension issues and some other things... Here's some factoids I just gotten for the Caroarood Veil Misfits. ^^

Gender: (There actually IS no concept of Gender on the planet he was originally from) Uses he/him pronouns, if that counts for anything...
Height: 5' 3"
Weight: 125 lbs
Home Planet: Noveau (of which is has roughly 12 seas and 2 oceans... Some divided by land "borders" (Continents) or by divisional borders made BY the sentient sea folk.
Birth Place: Temadi Sea
Additional notes:
Of things that are toxins or other chemicals that can potentially kill him: Caffeine (Makes him dehydrate super-fast), Lupinine Alkaloid (He's allergic to it!), Protoanemonnin, Cytisine, and Syrigin (last three make him incredibly ill if only one of the named toxin trio is accidentally ingested by Thauma. Two or all three have some pretty devastating effects on his body.
Nymphaea Odorata, in small doses, does nothing to him... However, in large quantities (about... say, 15 flowers or so), he will become drunk. How does he act when drunk? He thinks he's actually a Temadian Mermaid (of which are more rappers/heavy metal screechers than operatic singers. More on that when I get to more expansive lore building).

Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 225 lbs
Home Planet: Tellixmun (similar to most fantasy-type worlds... but also vastly "modern" and bizarre.)
Birth Place: Spagter Village
Additional Notes:
Do not give her coffee! Or anything with Caffeine, for that matter. This tends to make her go into a "This Is Sparta Remix" type of hyperactive rampaging.
She is the second reason why Erasmus is considered to be a Walking Defibrillator.
She also knows revival spells, but is very hesitant on using them on outsiders.
Peli would actually be considered an Autistic person by Earth's standards.

Height: 6' 5"
Weight: 170 lbs
Home Planet: Petrea (A steampunk-y/clockwork filled planet where mad science meets electricity and fantasy)
Birth City and Nation: Tricolour City, Mirazmar
Additional Notes:
A friend of Peli's (found her unconscious in the city one day after the other's spell-casting mishap that sent her over to there).
Apparently, the resident Walking Defibrillator.
Fears virtually all Humans' (whether from Caroarood Veil's 10 Planets or from any other universe) blood. This is because Petrean Humans' blood is super acidic, and Erasmus has had some pretty bad experiences with Petrean Human blood (blame Blood Alchemists and Bloodcasters for that).

Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 150 lbs
Home Planet: Profalkner (A peculiar planet made up of lots of things in the skies above it, but very little on the terrain of the planet itself.)
Birth City and Nation: Xepmag, Glasushl
Additional Note:
Coffee helps him focus... However, he has a lot of trouble keeping it away from Peli's grasp.

Gender (None; Astral beings usually don't bother with this concept in Caroarood Veil): Uses Xe/Xem/Xeir pronouns.
Height: In physical form, xe's 5' 6"
Weight: In physical form, xe's 5 lbs
Additional Notes:
THE number one reason why Erasmus is the Walking Defibrillator.
Xe has an expansive knowledge of medical things for all species residing in the Caroarood Veil.