UTAU Crashing..

Dekuloid

Momo's Minion
Okay, so I just re-recorded my UTAU using my own reclist... and I'm trying to make my UTAU sing, but when UTAU is loading certain sounds (such as "ha") the programs crashes, and a box comes up that says "UTAU has stopped working." I'm doing the OTO myself (I'm very new to UTAU and just learning how to OTO) but it isn't completely finished, and I was trying to test out the sound of the UTAU. I would just use an OTO from another UTAU, but the reclist I used was my own and I'm pretty sure no other UTAU has it.. Could there be something wrong with the OTO for these errors to happen? Or is it something else?

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
It would help us give more solid answers if you took some screenshots of the oto editor for samples that make UTAU crash, as well as screenshots of the UST you're using and some samples of your aliases (not going to ask you to give us the whole reclist, of course). Additionally, what wavtool and resampler are you using?
If you can take some screenshots, that should help narrow it down.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Something that's fairly common is that you may have the consonant and the cutoff overlapping each other?
cO7MM8Y.png

^ like that. If that's the case then you can just separate them again, revealing the white/vowel space.
WuRsVyJ.png

Of course this is just speculation as we don't know enough yet.
What resampler are you using? resampler, fresamp, tips, etc? While the default resampler should work as-is certain other ones have requirements that you need to meet before they function.
Do you see a [ ! ] above any of the notes? If this is the case then it's simply a matter of right clicking the notes and editing the envelopes. This happens a lot if you have the overlap before the preutterence for example.

If possible screenshots would be very helpful, please take screenshots of utau and otos of the sounds that don't play. You can view to oto of any note by pressing ctrl+g while it's selected.

Dekuloid

Momo's Minion
Something that's fairly common is that you may have the consonant and the cutoff overlapping each other?
cO7MM8Y.png

^ like that. If that's the case then you can just separate them again, revealing the white/vowel space.
WuRsVyJ.png

Of course this is just speculation as we don't know enough yet.
What resampler are you using? resampler, fresamp, tips, etc? While the default resampler should work as-is certain other ones have requirements that you need to meet before they function.
Do you see a [ ! ] above any of the notes? If this is the case then it's simply a matter of right clicking the notes and editing the envelopes. This happens a lot if you have the overlap before the preutterence for example.

If possible screenshots would be very helpful, please take screenshots of utau and otos of the sounds that don't play. You can view to oto of any note by pressing ctrl+g while it's selected.
I ended up just using another UTAU's oto and editing it to fit my reclist and it works fine. But to answer your questions, I'm using the default resampler. I don't recall ever having the blue and pink space overlap because I followed a tutorial that told me not to overlap them. I also don't recall seeing any exclamation points above my notes. But I think everything's okay now, thanks anyways ^^