UTAU Medley Project

MystSaphyr

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/mystsaphyr/utau-medley-sample-5[/soundcloud]

So I noticed there's several Vocaloid song medleys (kinda in the style of Kumikyoku) but not a single good UTAU medley that's the same kind of thing.

At least, none that I've found V_V

So I decided it'd be fun to try to make a medley.

I need your help in 3 ways: critiques on what I have so far, song suggestions to add to the list below, and ideas for the title for the medley C: (Like how there's "Vocaloid Medley Kingdom" and "Vocaloid COOL+")

Not all songs will make it in. I admit, I'm being very picky. If I don't like a song in particular it might not get into the medley, nor if I can find a good space for it... but I AM striving for at least 50 songs total and/or 10 minutes.

Also I'd really like to try to limit it to 2 songs per person, and I've already got ones for AkiGlancy and scarfu. The only exceptions so far have been MimiroboP and nakano4 since they've composed so many famous/important UTAU works that I really can't NOT include most of them xD;

• PLEASE check before listing songs, you can always ctrl+f for titles.
• NO COVERS/REMIXES. This includes Nyan Cat.
• Please include links if you can!
• There will be no vocals on the version I am making, so don't ask to include soandso UTAU.
• Choruses and duets are fine so long as the UTAU(s) play a dominant role... i.e. don't say "Harvest" just because Teto sings a little echoy part during the prechorus.

The song list thusfar:

(included)
Twinkle
Sky Swimmer
Trip Trip
Flower Festival
Fukkireta
Nana Nana Fever Miracle Tonight
Hi-Lite
Intermedio
絵本の中じゃ物足りないっ!
Confront! You Look So Cool
Anemone
Light My Fire

(to be included)
Faista
Yoake no Inori
Plasical_01
spiritus
BitCrushe
Fall Into Unseen Darkness
Sakura
Song of Robot's Ear
Forbidden Law in the Sigh of Despair
The Daughter of the Evil Spirit
Sweet Poison
Tetrapod
Rainbow Contrail 虹色コントレイル
EFB~Eternal Force Blizzard~
Breathe -retrieval-
La nuit du mois...
Solitude
Slight Light
Despair the Hamburger Factory
Teruteru
Wave Sounds
Breaking Point
Fairytale Blue
JANUS:
Fabular Show TONIGHT
Google Translate
Girl in a Birdcage
Synchro
little bird
花になる(Become a flower for you)
イジェクトノート(Electric Note)
Pillow Talk
Liar Garden
Sayonara Distance
BEYOND
そらに歩く樹 (At Tree Walking in the Sky)
Iris
サヨナラの瞬き (Blink of Goodbye)
Ligh-topia
Liar
7 Wishes
みつのは/  (It’s Honey)
葬歌の少女 (Girl of the funeral song)
弔花の少女 (Butterfly Flower Girl)
嫌悪感 (Disgust)
Ambience cycle
蹴散らした地
Jumping Dreamer
Ignition Party
Sky High
Kenka Wakare
End-O
Naze
World's Tempo
Boku no Sekai II
SteamWhistle
13km
crazy 4 U
BRD~Flame of Rebellion~
Declare War on all Voc@loids

scarfu

Teto's Territory
Already talked to you on skype about what I can do hehe! *U*

I know it's a little early to think about it but I wonder for the video if it'll be a huge medley style video like the NND medleys... oxo That'd be a fun time.

MystSaphyr

Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Yes and please refrain from double-posting. You can edit posts V_V

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
God's Minature Garden / かみさまの箱庭 by k-shi with Mitani Nana is a favorite of mine. It isn't really popular one though, so I don't know if it would make the cut.

PandaLolii

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Just some originals I can only think of on the spot are "Ambient works for Nizimine Kakoi" (take) and Poiyo's 果てしない日々.  I'm not really sure if that's particular to your taste but I guess, the more to choose from, the better chances for good songs? ;v;

But yeah, agreeing with Shinami...uh, I'm not sure if they should be really popular originals?

UtauReni

Momo's Minion
I'm super honored that you chose one of my songs! *w* <3 I definitely love how this is sounding so far, I can't wait to hear more :smile: great idea too!!

TheSnowSongstress

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Primary Colors, End-O, Blacklight, Rose+Thorn, Tox, smiLeR, Null, Galatea, Bergerac, I Promise You

(All AkiGlancy Originals LAWLS)
and two non akilgancy originals, Fluttering and Fellec

UtauReni

Momo's Minion
Aki did not write a song named Fellec. However, I wrote a song named Fennec, if that's what you were thinking of. c:

Zelfie Windwalker

Ruko's Ruffians
What about Song Begins, a Defoko/Yukari original?

Also, Feeling The Slow Dance, Spiritus, 彩の絵かき, and Murasaki Sakura are all very nice.
/is a Defoko-tard

For names...I feel like something playing on the fact Utau means "to sing" might be fun.

MystSaphyr

Administrator
Defender of Defoko
You guys have already listed at least 3 that I already have on the list, and mentioned too many songs for producer... orz please check the notes up top. But thanks for the other choices XD;

And it won't all be entirely popular ones, just ones that I feel fit. I'll say now I won't purposefully choose unpopular songs just for the sake of advertising, only if I feel they fit in the chorus or if I like them ^^;; This IS partially a promotion project but I don't want it to get too scattered and I want to like what I make, if that makes sense.

Quick note: I'd love to include stuff like Sekihi and Karappou Garandou, but Inaphon's works don't often have a very distinct chorus or verse melody. They're still very good songs, and not as popular ones, but they just wouldn't fit well in this. So keep that in mind when you choose songs ;u;/

TheBakaKitsune

Teto's Territory
I am working on a original song lol XD damn, too late for this.

Btw I suggest the medley name : Uta All stars

Lol non serious proposition but if you like it, then take it XD

I would like to help for this wonderful project...

MixyHope39

Teto's Territory
I've been meaning to make an account here...ANYWAY
I saw your post on Gaia, Myst, and well, to be honest the only other song that comes to mind is Glider. It was created by Mr. NOB, and originally sung by Teto.
My friend Planty-P made a VSQ/VSQx for it, though I'd have to ask for permission to distribute it, and/or turn it into a UST...I say this mostly cause I don't know if there's already a UST for it, and I haven't really checked myself. ^^;;
I hope that helps a bit >.o If not, oops. Sorry.

thibaud76200

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
How about :
ROT by scarfu ?
Rootcutter by UtauReni ?

Btw I was thiking about to do an original composition using a diffferent way than others do...

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ah, just thought of another one! 百合の逸話~anecdote of the lily~ with Hibiki Shinji is great. Though it's by the same person as spiritus, and I don't know if they made any other songs on the list...

A few others I thought of are:
Magiamono (まがいもの) by enomiasan
scale by nwnw
APATITE by カステラの人P
Lament (ラメント) by Mint-P
Hardship Puzzle (辛苦パズル) by misa
Hopeakeinu by Iltahopea (It's similar to Girl in a Birdcage, but Hopeakeinu is my favorite by her)
SPEED STAR by 霧四面体
void sky by tom_atom
End of the World (世界の終わり) by Ketora-P
DestinedRed by HAL
Muffins by Circus-P
I Love You -Love Song- (あいらぶゆー -あいのうた-) by タヌ吉
錚々と焔は詠いて by fuwaru
Nostalgic Nostradamus (ノスタルジック・ノストラダムス) by fuwaru (They make too many good Ritsu songs)
#ffffff by 鬱P
good morning. by Chase (I looooove Chase's stuff)
Essentia by Cien
Sahara by KANGDANIM
Rootcutter by UtauReni

...Oh gosh, I really rampaged through Nico and YouTube didn't I. D:
Well, these are all just suggestions. I have no clue if I accidentally put some songs by Ps that already had songs on your list. These are all just cool UTAU songs not on there. I spent this afternoon tracking down all those P names~

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
thibaud76200 link said:
How about :
ROT by scarfu ?
Rootcutter by UtauReni ?

Btw I was thiking about to do an original composition using a diffferent way than others do...

(Sorry to double post)

Myst has already picked songs of Scarfu's to use.

PandaLolii

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Regret / 後悔  or 愚かなるウサギ both by Lastreminis
Afterfact: the name by ChanseyTGHC
理想絵図 by ナノリータP
Fusion Confusion  by yma
One Minute Magic by FALL
hp , GPS or でっとすぺーす  by nakano4 (since you were okay with more nakano songs??)

MystSaphyr

Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Thanks for the extra suggestions! I'll work on refining the list in a bit.

Also updates: slowed it down a little bit and added Ito's "Light My Fire."