UTAU not working. No voices.

CRTブラック

Darkness Incarnate
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I am using the UTAU program with no luck. I tried three different popular voice banks and none of them work. I Tried both English and Japanese and neither work.
I used the Basic pre installed one.
I used RUKO YOKUNE 2.0
and I used namineritsu_cvvc.
PLEASE HELP.

Reactions: SOHBlue

CRTブラック

Darkness Incarnate
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Oh. I tried making My own. from scratch. could that be the problem? if so. How do I make one from scratch?

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
- Is your machine locale changed to Japanese with Decimal being set to a period [.]? Changing decimal is only necessary if you have a non-USA version of Windows (Primarily an issue with European computers).
- Do you have the Lyric Diphonizer (convert to VCV only), Iroiro (converts between romanized, kana, CV, or VCV), or AutoCVVC (converts to CV, CVVC, and VCV based on user created dictionaries) plugins?
- Are the USTs you're trying formatted properly for the respective bank formats (CV, CVVC, VCV, romanized, kana, etc.) and are the voicebanks fitted (Ctrl+E, erase preutterance, overlap, consonant velocity, BRE, flags, and STP)?
- Are you seeing gibberish symbols, question marks, etc. (if so, then that answers the first question about locale being set or not)?

The default voice (Defoko), Yokune Ruko, and Namine Ritsu are Japanese banks and are only aliased to read USTs in hiragana. Defoko only reads hiragana CV USTs. IDK which Ruko bank you downloaded, but chances are high that it's a VCV bank. USTs require conversion to the VCV format with this type of bank if you're not using UTAU's shareware version. Namine Ritsu CVVC reads CVVC usts in hiragana and like Ruko, requires conversion before it will properly work.

All 3 of the mentioned banks will not work and will have corrupted filenames if your machine has not been set up properly before installing UTAU. UTAU - by extension - will have messed up coding and will require a new download and installation if you installed it before your machine was set to Japanese locale and rebooted.

---

As for making your own voicebank from scratch; UTAU has the least trouble with .wav files set to 16-bit, 44100kHz and ideally with as little noise (digital or ambient) as possible.

Reactions: CRTブラック

CRTブラック

Darkness Incarnate
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Alright. THanks All I really see is just a bunch of Gibberish symbols. I will look up how to set my computer to Japanese Locale.
[doublepost=1471968219][/doublepost]Wow.... That's Easy....

수연 <Suyeon>

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
- Go to Control Panel (not Settings if Win8 - Win10)
- Press the title Clock, Language, and Region (if you have icon view, then press Region)
- Once in Region, go to the Administrative tab.
- For 'Language for non-Unicode Programs' change it to Japanese (Japan).
- Save any documents, etc. that you might have open and restart your machine when prompted.

bb31d3e396eb75589b0277d411fe6e14.png

CRTブラック

Darkness Incarnate
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Thanks. Will it ever mess with my computer in any way? (make text Japanese only. Ect.)
Also Nice Pokémon Background.

수연 <Suyeon>

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
As you can see, my machine is mostly in English (with bits of Japanese strewn about). The only consequence will be the occasional program installing in Japanese by default unless you change the language during setup (the majority of programs come with this option). If you get a Japanese interface, most programs allow you to change to English through preferences (the only time I couldn't do this was with the DAW Studio One).

My edit to the previous post got erased, but I meant to add the following:
- Move the voices you want to keep to another directory outside of C:\Program Files x86\UTAU\voice before you reinstall a newly downloaded copy of UTAU (no need to do this for Defoko unless you bothered to fix her oto). Also, check to make sure their filenames and oto are no longer in mojibake after restarting. They should fix themselves, but if not, you'll have to download or decompress them again.
- When you've newly installed UTAU, take the time to set up the folder so that you'll have an easier time when you make your own banks (or edit the banks of another person - otherwise, you'll have to open UTAU as administrator every time you go to change something in an oto and things won't save). This is under the assumption that you'll be using the voice folder to store banks and the built-in configuration window to oto, adding plugins, etc.

- Right click UTAU and click properties
- Go to security tab and scroll through Group or usernames; pick Users (should see your account name).
- Press Edit; you'll get a 2nd window. For Users, allow Full Control. Press Apply. Wait for it to finish and then press Okay in both windows.
Test by editing your bank's oto (or defoko's oto), pressing okay, closing UTAU, and see if the configuration you made remains. If so, success!