UTAU Oto.ini file not reading samples

オスカー

Teto's Territory
So I'm working on an oto for one of my voicebanks that I haven't used in a while, and while going through the samples, I noticed that a lot of them were not showing up in the oto.ini.

You can see that the file is in the oto with all of its configurations.

However when I click on it, all I get is this...

You can see the file is there, and I can play it and everything.

So it's missing within the program, but its there. It won't play in a UST, and it won't play in the voicebank configuration window, and its oto.ini is not changeable using the editor. So why is that? And how can I fix it?

Thank you for your help and for reading this post! :smile:

Nanika

Lame Vocaloid Producer
Defender of Defoko
hmm....I'm not quite sure myself, but I'd like to try to be of some help.
You might want to try to copy all of the .wav files from the utau, and the .wav files ONLY. Then, create a new folder and paste the files in there. Then open up a UST or something, and use the new folder as the voice. Then, look at voicebank settings and see if it'll come up.
Also, try pasting the .OTO file.

オスカー

Teto's Territory
hmm....I'm not quite sure myself, but I'd like to try to be of some help.
You might want to try to copy all of the .wav files from the utau, and the .wav files ONLY. Then, create a new folder and paste the files in there. Then open up a UST or something, and use the new folder as the voice. Then, look at voicebank settings and see if it'll come up.
Also, try pasting the .OTO file.

So they all copied over, but all the ones that didn't work before still aren't working. It's all the same, except now you can see a little question mark next to the sound (which seems to replace those two little lines indicating が instead of か).

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Actually, UTAU doesn't see those files at all (if it saw the files, it wouldn't be completely greyed out in the wav editor, even though it retained the oto settings). This can happen with banks made on a Mac or Linux machine that's later transferred to Windows (Windows doesn't read all hiragana made on a Mac properly). That's also why you're getting question marks instead of dakuten and handakuten. It could also be due to not having locale set to Japanese.

What you'll have to do:
- rename all the files using Japanese IME on a Windows machine (or rename them all in romaji)
- edit the oto using Notepad to reflect the changes - again using either Japanese IME or romaji. Either way you choose, the filenames must be the same in the oto they are in the folder.

Your best bet is to encode in romaji and add hiragana alias. See if that works?

オスカー

Teto's Territory
Actually, UTAU doesn't see those files at all (if it saw the files, it wouldn't be completely greyed out in the wav editor, even though it retained the oto settings). This can happen with banks made on a Mac or Linux machine that's later transferred to Windows (Windows doesn't read all hiragana made on a Mac properly). That's also why you're getting question marks instead of dakuten and handakuten. It could also be due to not having locale set to Japanese.

What you'll have to do:
- rename all the files using Japanese IME on a Windows machine (or rename them all in romaji)
- edit the oto using Notepad to reflect the changes - again using either Japanese IME or romaji. Either way you choose, the filenames must be the same in the oto they are in the folder.

Your best bet is to encode in romaji and add hiragana alias. See if that works?

Ohhh okay, that makes sense. Yeah, I made her initially on a PC, then it died, so I moved it over to a Mac (my only available computer at the time) and I may have tweaked the oto.ini on there, but I don't remember doing that (I hate using UTAU-Synth). Now I'm using Windows on my Mac, so that's probably what happened. I was gonna make them romaji with hiragana aliases anyways, so thank you for your help! I'll report back after I do that! :smile: