UTAU VS. VOCALOID PROJECT *Needs Members*

Kale

Leaf god
Defender of Defoko
We need:
Artists, lyric writers, PV makers, and UST makers.

What do we do?
We create a battle between VOCALOID, UTAU, and other singing synthisizers to see which we can make sound more human.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
The founders of this project are: KuronoMusic (KaylaTheOtaku), lemobird, and CarrotJuice.
Anyone who joins will be teached how to make UTAU realistic. Any other programs we'll need help with.
We include programs such as: cadencii, cevio, utau, vocaloid, niaoniao, MUTA, vocalina, cantor and chispeech. *Add any more if you like!*
ANYONE can join! If you have an interest in joining, please add me on Skype: thatotakugamer

*Ask me to add any info if you have any questions!

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Why host a contest for "the most human/realistic vocals"? The point of having customizable parameters is not to perfectly copy a human in every single way, but to allow expressive capabilities.

MUTA is in it's alpha stage, iirc, and is quite unstable to use. Much of its attention stemmed from the excellent demo song and video, but I believe it's a poor choice for demonstrating much expressiveness.
Cantor is outdated, in terms of modern singing synths. You might as well be including Melody Assisstant Real Singer.
Chipspeech is not at all part of the modern singing synth group. The point was to recreate old chips, for retro appeal. To, honestly, make weird noises, not be a pop star. It should have no part in anything themed around capabilities of modern singing synths. If you wish to include Plogue then replace this with Alter/Ego. (If you're including Alter/Ego, then you might as well be including Aquestone, since it's similar in being a vst vocalsynth.)

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
The premise of this is a bit confusing to me. Is it, like, a competition between the softwares?

Most of your synthesizer options aren't intended to mimic realistic human vocals; Chipspeech is a transmission of sorts to use the synthesizers made in history, NiaoNiao doesn't support ending consonants, so on. They couldn't really hope up to "realism" standards just due to engine restrictions.
That being said, VOCALOID and UTAU themselves do similar things, but in different ways, although tuning is subjective and a learned skill rather than program-dependent. It's kind of weird to pit the programs against one another in this case.

It's kind of like saying whether oil paints or digital painting looks more realistic. They both do, depending on the user's abilities in either.

Nanika

Lame Vocaloid Producer
Defender of Defoko
The thing with chipspeech and plogue stuff is it wasn't meant to be uh, modern synth type. Therefore, not best quality, but it does make sense of why it would be included. It would be a challenge to make it sound realistic, wouldn't it? challenges are good.

just saying. my opinion please just don't kill me

Reactions: Skiyoshi 十三

Kale

Leaf god
Defender of Defoko
The thing with chipspeech and plogue stuff is it wasn't meant to be uh, modern synth type. Therefore, not best quality, but it does make sense of why it would be included. It would be a challenge to make it sound realistic, wouldn't it? challenges are good.

just saying. my opinion please just don't kill me
Thats actually why we added it ^-^