VCV problem

Carniel

Momo's Minion
Hi~
I googled but didn't find any similiar problems.
My problem is that all the VCVs that have right oto (300 100), such as Ritsu or Yami, don't work.
They make wrong sounds, the just don't sound properely at all.
I tried everything I could (re-installing,different computers, cleaning the ust, changing resampler, re-doing frq).
But if I change their settings (wrong settings like
QfrKDMB1-PA.jpg
) they sound.
I can't understand what's the problem. Please, help me!

UTAU~Ayume

Teto's Territory
Carniel said:
Hi~
I googled but didn't find any similiar problems.
My problem is that all the VCVs that have right oto (300 100), such as Ritsu or Yami, don't work.
They make wrong sounds, the just don't sound properely at all.
I tried everything I could (re-installing,different computers, cleaning the ust, changing resampler, re-doing frq).
But if I change their settings (wrong settings like
QfrKDMB1-PA.jpg
) they sound.
I can't understand what's the problem. Please, help me!

Did you reset the note settings in the ust with selecting everything and reset in "region property" the Preutterance and Overlap? thats what sounds strange if you run a VCV utau through it!

I can't say more because it never happened to me with other UTAU's.... :c

Carniel

Momo's Minion
Yes, I did it. It is what I mean saying "cleaning the ust"
It seems to be useless and I thing I'm cursed. I was installing UTAU on four (!) computers and it wasn't working. I cant figure out what's the problem if no user has the same problem

UTAU~Ayume

Teto's Territory
Carniel said:
Yes, I did it. It is what I mean saying "cleaning the ust"
It seems to be useless and I thing I'm cursed. I was installing UTAU on four (!) computers and it wasn't working. I cant figure out what's the problem if no user has the same problem

One problem i've encountered with my UTAU voice configs are that i have to open utau everytime as an admin. You could try that by right clicking utau and select "Open as Administrator" (that with a yellow-blue buckler there) and try to open the voice bank from there :/ it's only my last advice for you... if that doesn't work something is wrong with utau, that it refuses to work and b*tches around >_<

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Firstly, make sure you have UTAU set to "Run as Admin" on startup.
Secondly, triple check that you cleared the UST.

Third, and least important; 300 100 is not the "right" way to do VCV otos, on the contrary in fact, this will cause slur on any banks that were not recorded on the same tempo or don't have the same consonant length as Ritsu.

Carniel

Momo's Minion
Thank you for comment, but even Ritsu doesn't work...
I tried to start utau as admin, still no result.

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Wait. Can you make a sample and upload it to SoundCloud or Dropbox or something so we can hear the problem?

Carniel

Momo's Minion
Yes, here it is
It's Yonagine Kazuko
https://soundcloud.com/carniel-1/1-1
Other vcv utau's sound practically the same way. It really looks like I didn't clean the ust, but...
1vTlBWdVhpg.jpg

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
It sounds like it's really just not picking up the oto at all...

I'm actually a little stumped. If I have any revelations I'll check back in here, but... for now I've no clue. Sorry!

Carniel

Momo's Minion
Yes, something like that. I have no idea what can be wrong with 4 (!) computers that they don't work with good VB's.
That's why I decided to write here...

Thank you for advices anyway.

Carniel

Momo's Minion
Halo said:
It sounds like it's really just not picking up the oto at all...

This made me think about oto one more time. I opened another VB (Ryone Yami) on another computer. Yes, it sonds like UTAU doesn't see VCV oto at all, if they a made in a "300 100" or similiar way.
http://www.mediafire.com/?yjmzd7ajbjtfi4w

I know it's kinda useless, but I decided to write

Carniel

Momo's Minion
Well, one more note, I noticed that some samples that just don't sound are marked in fresamp with "invalid setting".
Great, all my computers think that this oto is wrong and just ignore it! Even Ritsu! Even the VB that must be working anyway!
I need Ameya and bottle of vodka, I suppose

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Wow what the heckers???

Now I'm curious, I wanna know what it's doing!
Have you tried this with every engine, and it does the same thing?

Carniel

Momo's Minion
My dear Administrator! I don't know if I should laugh or cry, but everything is working with resampler.dll

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
What is even happening
Okay can you please try this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark#Countries_using_Arabic_numerals_with_decimal_comma
As you can see, your country of origin (supposing your YT is accurate) uses a decimal comma.

Now, we used to have this problem all the time, where in places where you use a comma, it causes a bug in UTAU (as Japan uses a period). What you need to do is change your floatpoint symbol from a comma to a period (.).

You can change it in the Region and Language settings in the Control Panel, then pressing "Additional Settings". There should be a "Decimal Symbol" option. Change the contents of that to "." and press OK.

This might help!