Visual kei?

Discussion in 'UTAU Discussion' started by mahalisyarifuddin, Nov 17, 2018.

1. mahalisyarifuddin

mahalisyarifuddin Teto's Territory Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    So there's a trend in this community: visual kei-ish voicebank.
    I'm curious what really is visual kei? And it turns out that visual kei is actually not a particular genre, rather it's a lifestyle/movement.
    It makes me more confused.

I'm asking to you guys: What is visual kei in terms of music and vocals? And what defines an Utau voicebank a visual kei-ish voicebank? Is there any differences from accents and stuffs with regular voicebanks?

3. 幸兔雪 (Yukito Yuki)

幸兔雪 (Yukito Yuki) Defoko's Slaves Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Visual Key is a small music genre in Japan where typically guys dress up in very colorful or otherwise very noticeable style.

Other than their clothing and hair style, they have a different singing accent than normal Japanese singers: For example, in Visual Key style singing, KTP sounds same than in English and they kinda say some vowels more “English” way like “a” can sound more like a mix of /a/ and /{/ (IDK any better way to describe this accent).

The most notable V-Kei style UTAU Voicebank is Hibiki Shinji http://utau.wiki/utau:shinji-hibiki

Other more resent V-Kei what I have hear was from an Oversea UTAU Creselia Selestewa.

If you want to record an own V-Kei style VB, I recommend to listen real V-Kei singers, Shinji and Creselia as a reference.