VOCALiD

CarrotJuice

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
im not sure if i should post this here (its not singing synth) but i guess this is the best place

There is a synthesis technology for the verbally disabled called VOCALiD it is a tts that takes your human recordings (donor) and blends it with some vowels from the disabled person (host) this creates a expressive personalised voice and stops (for example) 7 year old girls using Steven hawking's voicebank the recording process is free and 100% online you just need chrome please show your support for this it really helps people out like one of my cousins who now uses a personalised voice its really helpful and kind if you do this get more info and donate your voice here -> https://www.vocalid.co/

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
(ok but what's wrong with kids using dectalk cos dectalk is hella cool....)

I considered donating my voice to this project, but after hearing that I'm essentially surrendering all of the rights to my voice's use in synthesis, I'm not sure if I'm going to continue. I'd like to be able to continue selling my UTAU, thank you very much. But it's great that something like this exists, and people who don't do UTAU can donate their voice for people to use..

CarrotJuice

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I think you can still sell your utau it wont make that much difference no one will be able to extract your voice and utau is completely different to vocalid so you shoild still be able to sell it without issues with rights ^-^