Wapop. Collaboration request, searching for a female voicer in a project

Alessandra

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hello everyone,
I'm Alessandra, I'm 14 years old and I'm Italian.
I study piano, but I love traditional Japanese music like sokyoku (koto music), heikyoku (biwa/katarimono) and jiuta (shamisen music, not tsugaru!). I have friends who play traditional Japanese instruments and I know these people from Internet, to create the wapop. Wapop (a fusion of the Japanese word for traditional music, wagaku, and pop) is a project focused on contaminations between traditional Japanese instruments and singing styles (utaimono and katarimono) with modern pop music, or new age. We want to do original songs, but now I'm writing for an idea to create a tribute cover album for a Japanese unit called Rin'. The unit was active from 2004 to 2009. We discovered this unit in 2015 and we want to do something to make Rin's music survive. The featured traditional instruments are: koto, shamisen, juushichigen, biwa, shakuhachi and some percussions.
In Rin's concerts, they played live with their Japanese instruments, along with a background track. We don't have a studio and we do this project for fun, without any money.
We're searching for a person (or more) who could collaborate with us singing some songs. The voice we're searching is a sweet, but a bit mature female voice, who can pronounce Japanese well. The video example is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVFLkz2S29w
The song is kagami tsuki by Rin'
There's also another example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1tCUZwr3_s

This song is called Hanging in There

I can't use UTAU voicebanks, because I have problems with the program. Real people are better for me!
If you're interested or know someone who might be interested, can you please email me?
I will send a link to the songs and each song's lyrics in romaji, to those who will email me. Also we need to hear you singing, so, in your email, can you send me a link to a performance?

Let me know if you can collaborate with us or contact someone interested.

In our project there are people who play the Japanese stuff, while people who compose the backgrounds. We do this without a commercial purpose.
I am blind and I use a screen reader to use the computer. I have big accessibility problems on UTAU and don't use it for this reason. I can't use also VOCALOID for the same problem!
I hope this section is ok to post about this collaboration request, if you think I should post this request again to another section please let me know.
If you are interested in participating in our project, please contact me at my email address
alessandra-dandrea@alice.it
or
ale2001.d@icloud.com
because I have all the project member's e-mails. It would be much better if you replied to me by email, also to not bottering someone not interested.
Thank you very much!

Alessandra

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I logged in the forum, but don't find a reply anymore... unfortunately... We need someone! I know it isn't a familiar world, because not many people likes traditional music, but, please, can someone reply?

MANIAGIRLKITTY

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hey euhm its really sad that nobody replies that fast but i am intrested ...i saw the message already a really long time ago and i wasnt really sure if i would be right for it
So if you really dont find anyone ..i can try

Last edited:
Reactions: Alessandra

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Perhaps since this is UTAforum after all, you should just ask for someone who is able to use UTAU for you. While the UTAU community does have connections to japanese doujin work, it's not quite the same.

Alessandra

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Thanks Maniagirlkitty :smile:
I thought of using some UTAUs, but the other wapop members aren't agree.
The fact is that there will are some traditional/archaic Japanese accents or singing styles in some points and don't believe UTAU is very useful for this reason
bUT DON'T WORRY ABOUT ARCHAIC ACCENTS, I know maybe there weren't replies also for this.
Always, when using UTAU/VOCALOID(s), we tend to do anime/VOCALOID original songs. The project is focused on traditional/fusion music and I know it's kinda difficult :sad:
However, I'm very happy someone decided to try. Don't be afraid :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: MANIAGIRLKITTY

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Perhaps you should head over to VocaloidOtaku and see if there's anyone with Sachiko to help you.

Also, because UTAU allows users to use their own samples, you could find or create a voicebank that has the pronunciations you're looking for.

Reactions: Nohkara

Alessandra

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Perhaps you should head over to VocaloidOtaku and see if there's anyone with Sachiko to help you.

Also, because UTAU allows users to use their own samples, you could find or create a voicebank that has the pronunciations you're looking for.
Sachiko is not suitable... Enka is different from traditional Japanese :smile:
I cannot use UTAU/VOCALOID, because I'm blind tand these softwares aren't compatible with my screen reader.
And I don't want to make UTAU sing in this project, because there are archaic Japanese accents... not in all songs :smile:

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I don't know if I have the voicetype you're looking for but I'm willing to lend my voice for this project. It will be a while yet before I can send a sample of my vocals between church, doing some configuration work on a voicebank, and getting some driving practice today.

It's gonna be difficult to find lots of offers in this or the vocaloid fandom though. Few people in this community are singers (heck, some people have no musical experience outside of UTAU/Vocaloid or a midi sequencer, and most people here listen to EDM, pop, etc.). If you or your group could communicate in Japanese, you'd have more luck in Utaite circles on nico, but I completely understand that barrier, given your situation.

Last edited:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Sorry, but UTAforum might be entirely the most wrong place to have posted this request. Hopefully Suyeon will help you out in moving forward.

Reactions: Nohkara

Alessandra

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I don't know if I have the voicetype you're looking for but I'm willing to lend my voice for this project. It will be a while yet before I can send a sample of my vocals between church, doing some configuration work on a voicebank, and getting some driving practice today.

It's gonna be difficult to find lots of offers in this or the vocaloid fandom though. Few people in this community are singers (heck, some people have no musical experience outside of UTAU/Vocaloid or a midi sequencer, and most people here listen to EDM, pop, etc.). If you or your group could communicate in Japanese, you'd have more luck in Utaite circles on nico, but I completely understand that barrier, given your situation.
Hello :smile:
I don't speak Japanese :sad:
We have a Japanese participant: Hideie Nakamura. Hideie plays koto, shamisen and juushichi-gen
The problem is Language... he speaks English, but not very well and it's difficult :sad:
But, maybe, there will be some people in an utaite forum who are interested... The fact is not very people (also utaite) are not interested in traditional Japanese works...
There is another problem: I advice I'll say it without any offenses and nobody is offended. Due the fact there are some archaic/not usual Japanese accent, the starting Japanese pronunciationmust be quite good and it's more difficult at this point...

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Well, there are youtaites, but the english ones tend to be english fandubbers.

Alessandra

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I found some youtaite/utaite who are not Japanese, but sing Japanese with a very meticulousppronunciation. Do you know some?

Alessandra

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Anyways, now I have the right people!
1) Martheeeeeeeeeee!
2) Recently, I contacted a singing teacher, called Jeff Rolka. I contacted him on Internet, and she thought of fa student of him: Helen Loo, who wants to join wapop!
3) I also contacted another singer called Patrice Peris, who has two students who are in this style (J-pop?)
The problems are other

Alessandra

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I was mistaken when posting... because there are two wapop threads... this is the exact thread...

Alessandra

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hellooooooooo! :smile: :smile: :smile:
Yesterday I got a mail from an UTAU user called Vienna Chan, and she will participate in wapop!!!!!!!!