.wav file won't play (plus

Rudje

Momo's Minion
So I've been working on creating a voicebank, and I've noticed that for some reason neither of her ka files will play even though most of her other files are functioning normally. I've tried to fix it but gotten nowhere due to my inability to read Japanese (can't troubleshoot if you can't find what's wrong!); one of my attempts to poke around lead to this error message that I can't read. I'm hoping a translation will shed some light on it.

utauerrormessage_by_venusrain-dafo15o.png

The base issue as far as I can tell from my googling is that the frequency file just... wasn't created for this wav, but I don't know why (again, none of the other files I've tested are acting like this, and outside of UTAU they work fine) or if I need to rerecord to fix it.

Nanika

Lame Vocaloid Producer
Defender of Defoko
Um, I think...you might want to check to OTO. I think that might be it, make sure nothing is wrong with it.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you need to generate an FRQ, there's a button in the bottom left corner of the OTO window for doing just that. It will use whatever resampler you have set as your default one in UTAU's options, so it's also possible to generate PMKs/etc by changing your default resampler.

Rudje

Momo's Minion
If you need to generate an FRQ, there's a button in the bottom left corner of the OTO window for doing just that. It will use whatever resampler you have set as your default one in UTAU's options, so it's also possible to generate PMKs/etc by changing your default resampler.

I know. The issue is that clicking Initialize freq. map does nothing (I have tried several times), and I don't know if it's a problem with the file (thus requiring a rerecord) or the resampler that came with UTAU. If it's the latter, I'd need help with figuring out why this happened so that I can avoid choosing a resampler this will happen with.

e: Given that further testing has revealed more affected files with no apparent rhyme or reason, it's probably the resampler. Annoying, that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiyoteru

Rudje

Momo's Minion
So, uh, trying to make fresamp make a new frequency map for that file made it crash??? Do I need to purge the oto and start over or would rerecording be a simpler plan??? why does everything i touch break?????

(she does sound significantly better with fresamp, though, so regardless of how deep my tech troubles go I'm glad for that at least)

Rudje

Momo's Minion
...And despite a rerecord, ka.wav is still acting up.

I really do not look forward to redoing that oto, but I think that's the only option, unless someone else can give different advice.

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
If using different resamplers often causes crashing, then you need to check your decimal setiing in the advanced number format tab. If its a "," instead of "." then you need to change it to that. It might not fix the no frq file error, but will no longer crash when using different resamplers.

Rudje

Momo's Minion
If using different resamplers often causes crashing, then you need to check your decimal setiing in the advanced number format tab. If its a "," instead of "." then you need to change it to that. It might not fix the no frq file error, but will no longer crash when using different resamplers.
It occurs with the default as well (that's why I switched to a different resampler), and it only seems to affect attempting to create a frq file for ka.wav (and possibly one of her newer files, although I haven't extensively tested them yet). I'll definitely check just in case, though.

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Have you tried running UTAU as admin or moving the VB to another directory before attempting to initialize the frq?

Rudje

Momo's Minion
Have you tried running UTAU as admin or moving the VB to another directory before attempting to initialize the frq?
Yeah, it doesn't seem to have helped much. Still testing though, so I might be wrong.

I hadn't thought that having the VB in the voice folder would cause problems, but I guess I can see how it might? If nothing else helps, I'll give moving it a try.

e: Okay, it seems to be.... mostly fixed? I haven't tested everything but now the only issue is the resampler crashing (which I'm trying to find where to change things to fix).

Last edited:

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
e: Okay, it seems to be.... mostly fixed? I haven't tested everything but now the only issue is the resampler crashing (which I'm trying to find where to change things to fix).
For the desimal thing, go to language and regions>change location then select the format tab and clikk advanced/more options. The decimal setting is in the number tab.

Hazu パワ

Weeaboo yet not Weeaboo
Defender of Defoko
I use to have problems with error messages appearing on specific notes~ I realized it was because my consonant was touching my Cut-Off- could it be the same problem??

Rudje

Momo's Minion
For the desimal thing, go to language and regions>change location then select the format tab and clikk advanced/more options. The decimal setting is in the number tab.

Ah, so it's a computer setting thing; i'd been looking in UTAU itself. No, my default is a period as the decimal; US computer and all.

I use to have problems with error messages appearing on specific notes~ I realized it was because my consonant was touching my Cut-Off- could it be the same problem??
Nope, it was just that file being awful apparently randomly.