What features do you wish Utau had?

R

RadiateJoy

I would like an OFFICIAL English version and a more sleek- modern interface. What do you want?  POST BELOW!!

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I wish it was much faster... but maybe it's just my computer that's so slow? Also, if it had something like vocalistener for cheaters making usts?

thibaud76200

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Possibility to use 2 UTAUs in a same window
An oto fonctionnality that won't "stretch" the end of the sounds for others languages (like the german "eu" -> "ooooooooooooooï" instead of  "oï....")

P

PurinPuff

thibaud76200 link said:
Possibility to use 2 UTAUs in a same window...

^^ This. Well, a lot of the suggestions there are "^^ This."

Tabs for multiple USTs and an internal mixer. It would help with .usts by ear and make things MUCH easier than rendering the wav file multiple times and importing it in Audacity to listen next to the original.

Something that could help with harmonies would be nice too. :3

Rai

Teto's Territory
As PurinPuff said an internal mixer would be awesome. And the ability to play the wav with the selected area of rendered vocal.

Deska

Momo's Minion
Perhaps if there was an official English version (as well as other official translations, maybe?) then there wouldn't be any installation errors or any need to change locale at all. I imagine quite a few people would be happy with that... Maybe throw in a romaji encoded version of Defoko, while they're at it... o3o
I'd also like a keyboard shortcut to get to the envelope editor... One for the properties window would be useful as well... And for Ctrl+Y to be "Redo" like it is in a lot of other programs. o3o; (Also, Ctrl+O would be useful as the Open command...)

adriann

Ye Olde Fart
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Asteriski link said:
VSQx support, end-consonant OTOs.
^this |:sing:

thibaud76200 link said:
An oto fonctionnality that won't \"stretch\" the end of the sounds for others languages (like the german \"eu\" -> \"ooooooooooooooï\" instead of  \"oï....\")
Actually you can do this by otoing a sample like VCV so that you can just string the 'ï' into it at the end lol
Like one note is [- o] and the adjacent one would be [o ï]. -shrug- :smile:

MystSaphyr

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
>VSQx support

That'd be handy, but there IS a VSQx>VSQ Job Plugin for Vocaloid3. It's useful for now :D

I definitely vote for end-consonant otos, and maybe otos specifically for dipthongs. It's hard to oto dipthong sounds like "oi" or "ao" without them doing strange things.

And multi-track editing... pleeeease....

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
What I want more than anything:

A volume editor more like the Vocaloid one. One where you can just go through the song and draw out dynamics.

One of the things that is always preventing UTAU and Vocaloid from sounding realistic is the lack of volume variation and control. The current system of envelope boxes is tedious, difficult, and can sound bad. i want to trace out flowing volumes soooo baaaaad

adriann

Ye Olde Fart
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
shinami link said:

A volume editor more like the Vocaloid one. One where you can just go through the song and draw out dynamics.

One of the things that is always preventing UTAU and Vocaloid from sounding realistic is the lack of volume variation and control. The current system of envelope boxes is tedious, difficult, and can sound bad. i want to trace out flowing volumes soooo baaaaad

Oh, now that you mention that-! I totally second this, ah.

When I first used UTAU-Synth I thought that having the envelopes out at the bottom like that is pretty awesome. |:sing:

Lystrialle

Administrator
Administrator
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ability to toggle between Vocaloid-style envelope editing and P2P3/P1P4/ACPT/OPT editing.
Ability to toggle between Vocaloid-style pitchbending and point pitchbending.
An easier point pitch editor (double-click to make new point rather than set number of points and shift around).
Unicode language support. Alas, han'geul and English phonetics and accented characters...
Multitrack. Even if it means I have to save all the tracks separately.
Getting rid of divison by zero/bad file name or number error.
End-consonant otos.
VSQx support.
Wider MIDI support so I don't have to convert it earlier.
The ability to copy-paste into the lyric editor or oto alias box without corrupting the kana (forcing me to type it manually).
More organized voicebank filing (to make it easier to organize appends, VCV, etc. within the same V:shades:.

Internal mixer might be a bit much to ask right now (since it has to render something separately).

UTAU needs a lot of things right now, now that I think about it.

MystSaphyr

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
ryanlanuza18 link said:
i want a feature where you can combine voicebank Appends to make a one voice like cadencii (Ritsu's vConnect) or more like this one:

Vocalistener 2 - Prologue 2010 Hatsune Miku append

also VC otoing, can copy pitchbends and other inputs from vsq or vsqx & awesome interface

WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE

oh my god I'd sell a kidney to have that kind of versatility in UTAU or Vocaloid as a native feature... that is just so freaking clever alkdfglhgl

moonst4r

Witch of the Night
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Post-utterance
Automatic voicebank fitting to USTs
No need for the R note
Play multiple USTs at the same time (Like for harmonies)
Ability to import wav files (Like instrumentals) into the program

Kream

Momo's Minion
ryanlanuza18 link said:
Ritsu's v.Connect Sample. this really freaks me out! Combination of his Whisper, Normal & Strong Voicebank. I want this feature in UTAU so badly!!!!

【波音リツ】歌唱転写システム作ってみた【v.Connect-STAND】

WOAH WOAH WOAH, that is amazing... DEFINITELY WANT.

I agree with being able to use more than one UTAU in a UST and Multi-track!!

and something like Vocalistener as well, although I've heard there's a plugin like it for UTAU already? (I don't use it and don't know how to use it though)

Raiyux

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
There are SO MANY things that it would be awesome to have! I second everything that's been said so far. Plus, auto-pitchbending. That would be very helpful.

But then again, if UTAU had all these features, it probably wouldn't be free. Or cheap, for that matter. And that's UTAU's main distinguishing feature from Vocaloid. ^^

Astral-Arts

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
shinami link said:

^^ This.

Also as other people have said, being able to use more than one UTAU at a time, like tracks on Vocaloid where you can set different singers for each track. It would be like using different instruments on parts of a midi.

TheSnowSongstress

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
just for all of the play more than one ust:
there is a plugin a girl made for that. you can play 2 at the same time (not all, but 2)

I'd have to say auto fix of red flags
i hate going through usts for songs like Cyber Thunder Cider and editing it for a while just for the flags alone :/