What happened to the Vocaloid forums?

Agatechlo

Specified.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yes, I know they were deleted with the threads rolled into "singthesis". I don't understand the reason for the change other than to discourage Vocaloid discussion on Utaforum. If you look at "Singthesis news", 84% of the discussions are tagged "Vocaloid", so logically it deserves it's own category. I think the deletion is unfortunate, as I looked at Utaforum as a good resource for all singing synthesizers. But if you want to include Vocaloid, it really needs its own category in order to be effective.

Oh, BTW please don't bring up VO in this thread: for purposes of this discussion pretend it doesn't exist:wink:.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I believe Hentai might have mentioned this earlier. While there was a lot of Vocaloid content, there really wasn't enough nonVocaloid and nonUTAU work to legitimize having an entirely separate category. If it makes you happier, you could think of it as "Vocaloid + other stuff"

Reactions: na4a4a

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Adlez27 is correct. The Vocaloid section was not removed but the "other singthesis" section was merged into Vocaloid due to their lack of activity. The Vocaloid boards were quite healthy, but it was hard to justify the "other singthesis" news section when in the +6 months it was around it had... 5 threads. Thus, they were merged down and prefixes were added so users could filter the type of content they want. Subforum titles like "Singing Robots General" etc. are just polite ways of me saying "Vocaloid + Everything Else" because at the end of the day 90% of the threads are Vocaloid anyways.

Agatechlo

Specified.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Thanks for the explanation, Hentai. Maybe it would be better if the actual title (not the lower part that's in smaller font) read something like "Other 'Singthesis' (Vocaloid, CeVio, Sinsy, etc)' because it took me a while to figure that that was Vocaloid & newbies to the site might miss it. There's a lot of Vocaloid activity, interest & experience here on Utaforum & I feel that the site should provide a clear pointer to that content on the front page.