What mic will give my Utau the quality of gahata meiji?

Utau4life

Teto's Territory
I need a mic that can make my Utau clear and realistic like gahata meiji how did she get so popular ? That's what I want lol to be Utau famous jk but still I would like to know where to buy a mic like hers

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
A high quality mic will not automatically make your bank as popular or as well done as Gahata Meiji. There are several factors that lead to her success and even if you follow them, that's still not a guarantee.

1. Gahata Meiji is used as part of a marketing campaign for a brand of clothing.
2. With that use, she is also given a professional looking design as well as a well matching theme/concept that catches the eye.
3. She is recorded with a higher quality mic, yes, but she is also configured well - this is a huge (if not the largest) factor in quality. Even a low quality bank can be considered a pleasure to use when it is configured well.

Don't aim for being "UTAU famous" if all you plan on doing is recording a bank and doing little else. In the early days of UTAU that might have gotten you noticed, but the community is saturated right now (4,000+ and counting). Those who are "UTAU famous" contribute to the community in some form.

1. Sango makes well tuned covers.
2. Echoblossom, HaruVampire, etc. all make USTs.
3. Steel has his voicebanks, pvs, and artwork.
4. CZloid developed English UTAU for the overseas community.
5. Chasing Fireflies, KenjiB, and Plus/Minus amongst others make originals

In other words, they all do something that helps others and/or they do what they do with skill. It's simply not enough to do a voicebank and expect to instantaneously get noticed and if that's all you aspire for in UTAU, you're going to be left disappointed. Do UTAU because you enjoy it, not because you want to be popular.

As for getting a microphone that will increase your UTAU bank's quality, I can't give you a blind solution as I don't know the type of voice you have, but bodytemp has written a tutorial citing the differences between the type of mic you can buy (condenser vs dynamic) and a few suggestions. http://utaforum.net/resources/microphones-what-is-better-for-me.126/

You can also ask her personally what mic would be best for your voice and where you can get cheaper alternatives or prices (look to spend at least $100 for the mic alone. you'll reach about $150 - $200+ for additional purchases: xlr cable, pop filter, shock mount/mic stand).

I personally have an sE Magneto as suggested by her. Results of this mic + well done oto:

Utau4life

Teto's Territory
A high quality mic will not automatically make your bank as popular or as well done as Gahata Meiji. There are several factors that lead to her success and even if you follow them, that's still not a guarantee.

1. Gahata Meiji is used as part of a marketing campaign for a brand of clothing.
2. With that use, she is also given a professional looking design as well as a well matching theme/concept that catches the eye.
3. She is recorded with a higher quality mic, yes, but she is also configured well - this is a huge (if not the largest) factor in quality. Even a low quality bank can be considered a pleasure to use when it is configured well.

Don't aim for being "UTAU famous" if all you plan on doing is recording a bank and doing little else. In the early days of UTAU that might have gotten you noticed, but the community is saturated right now (4,000+ and counting). Those who are "UTAU famous" contribute to the community in some form.

1. Sango makes well tuned covers.
2. Echoblossom, HaruVampire, etc. all make USTs.
3. Steel has his voicebanks, pvs, and artwork.
4. CZloid developed English UTAU for the overseas community.
5. Chasing Fireflies, KenjiB, and Plus/Minus amongst others make originals

In other words, they all do something that helps others and/or they do what they do with skill. It's simply not enough to do a voicebank and expect to instantaneously get noticed and if that's all you aspire for in UTAU, you're going to be left disappointed. Do UTAU because you enjoy it, not because you want to be popular.

As for getting a microphone that will increase your UTAU bank's quality, I can't give you a blind solution as I don't know the type of voice you have, but bodytemp has written a tutorial citing the differences between the type of mic you can buy (condenser vs dynamic) and a few suggestions. http://utaforum.net/resources/microphones-what-is-better-for-me.126/

You can also ask her personally what mic would be best for your voice and where you can get cheaper alternatives or prices (look to spend at least $100 for the mic alone. you'll reach about $150 - $200+ for additional purchases: xlr cable, pop filter, shock mount/mic stand).

I personally have an sE Magneto as suggested by her. Results of this mic + well done oto:

The whole Utau famous thing was a joke but thanks on the mic info ^_^

Yuunarii

Momo's Minion
I'm guessing Meiji was recorded with a pretty professional mic (usually pretty expensive (above 100$)), and was recorded in an environment with very little to no reverb or background noise. However I don't think the quality of her voicebank (even though it certainly is a factor) is the reason she's so popular ^^; It's probably because of Konuko's outstanding tuning skills that make her sound so amazing and thus increase her popularity :0 (the person who made the Anti Beat, Delusion Tax, etc. covers with her)

Kippeh

Hermit Crab
I'm guessing Meiji was recorded with a pretty professional mic (usually pretty expensive (above 100$)), and was recorded in an environment with very little to no reverb or background noise. However I don't think the quality of her voicebank (even though it certainly is a factor) is the reason she's so popular ^^; It's probably because of Konuko's outstanding tuning skills that make her sound so amazing and thus increase her popularity :0 (the person who made the Anti Beat, Delusion Tax, etc. covers with her)
Konuko is god. Yeah.

That aside, I'd also like to add that you could probably try Reaper for recording o: I heard it's noise removal is very ggood

And someone please slap me if I necro'd this ; w ;

Last edited:

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Many of these banks were recorded on a studio microphone, which are almost always superior than standard usb mics.

What can you afford?
You can get a "low-end studio" mic for like $80. But you will also need a quality interface to take the xlr(analog) signal and boost and convert it to digital.)
I personally have th Se Electronics X1 vocal pack, Steinberg UR22, Samson MK10, and CAD VS1.

You can achieve similar quality with it's little sibling, the Se Magneto. You can get pretty great quality with:
Se Electronics Magneto ($80-$120)
Steinberg UR12 ($75-$99)
Quality XLR cable ($10-selling your soul)
And a decent floor stand so you can record in a proper standing position ($17-$30)

That being said, if you are just doing this for popularity then don't even bother.
Sure your bank would sound really HQ recording wise, but you also been to record appropriately or it's still going to be rough.
Vocal tone and talent are still a huge factor in recording a great sounding voicebank and you should look into some resources online to help you learn how to better achieve that.

The popular banks are popular for a reason and you should will have to work hard for that.
that said, the HQ mic would still help a lot with your UTAU and would still benefit from getting it.