What's a good VCV reclist?

michaeleliable

Momo's Minion
Basically i'm thinking about recording VCV, but I found out their are different. Tri-pitched, standalone, lite. TONS. I'm good at holding long notes, and staying on pitch. So what's a good on that will be compadable with all usts. Also I don't want to do a tri-pitch yet. But later in the future. I just want a really good reclist for VCV. Thanks!

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Well, no matter what recording method you use, it's the matter of the OTO when it comes to singing. A proper OTO is one of the most important parts in a VCV bank.

Jello posted a nice 5-mora reclist, however you can use any mora you'd like, if you can find the reclist for it lol. Raru Mine is 14-mora oo

Anyway, most people use 7-mora when recording. I use this reclist, which is Ritsu's VCV bank translated into romaji (since I fail at reading the hiragana).

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
stormylullaby link said:
Raru Mine is 14-mora oo

Just want to say that Laru has 14-pitched VCV, not 14-mora. The biggest list I know is 8-mora.

tady159

Ruko's Ruffians
Indeed, Laru is NOT 14-mora. This is "technically impossible", just because it is almost impossible to have such a long breath to record 14 syllables in a row. Mine Laru is 7-mora, with the common 7-mora list.

As about the "good VCV list" topic. I'd say: the best list for you is the one that suits how long you can hold your breath (the number of mora per string). And also, WHAT you want on your bank.
Unfortunately, there aren't many VCV lists available, and it isn't easier to make one either, so this makes customized lists more rare.
I /PERSONALLY/ am not very fond of the common 7-mora list, not because it uses 7 syllables per string, but because it is very inefficient: you record too many samples that are not used at all (some 7-mora strings can only ggive you two usable combinations). And for this reason, I make my own VCV lists, to fit what I want.

The common 5-mora lite VCV list is very hard to customize, because the strings are highly mixed, and hard to break the logic to add more samples.