What's the funniest thing that happened to you using UTAU?

MystSaphyr

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Uchi said:
Pff.
This.

Helllooo, tn_fnds006.

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/nancy-zhang/lulz-ahahahaha[/soundcloud]

THAT IS GLORIOUS

Ahaha, I think one of the best stories is the failure of Mathieu Rosaire's initial Act1 release. Somehow before zipping his voicebank I'd managed to completely clear his oto.ini without realizing it, and when Yesi attempted to make him sing and informed me of this, in the panic of trying to fix it I somehow cloned Defoko's oto into his.

(Also Drunk UTAU Karaoke Night 2012 remains one of my fondest fandom memories.)

Reactions: Lorreine Geralde

UTAUBeginner:D

Teto's Territory
When I try to use TIPS on most banks, the voice speeds up, so like, so I tried to make an UTAU named Chiisai sing Love is War, and instead of her singing 'mou ikiba ga nai wa kono koi no netsuryou' she sings 'mouikibaganaiwakonokoinonetsuryou'. So.. yeeah.

https://soundcloud.com/yumistar/why-chiisai-why (the sample.)
Also, if you look for Migi's voice is so fast, that's another sample of it. ..xD I find it funny.

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I'd say when I tried PoPiPo on Sakanne in her early times x'D As I wasn't knowing how to pitchbend, I wanted for the "wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" to make i i i i i i i .... Well you know what I mean

And as she has a sharp voice and her oto was really off on that time I've made it, it was sounding a bit like Len's Migikata no Chou when it goes "wo-oh-ooooooooooho-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o" except it was derpy and awfully robotic x'D Sorrowfully I haven't saved it so no audio file to show

And then my first attempt at Vocalshifter x UTAU... Oh boy, I wasn't knowing what I were doing and plus, I forgot to make something CAPITAL before pasting the pitchbends and dynamics... To put both samples ON TIME

And as result well... As Kei was also having is old voicebank sounding so weak at that epoca, and was sounding buzzy EVERYTIME EVEN ON TIPS and such, with this failed Vocalshifter use, he sounded totally like a drunk crazy android on Autotune x'D http://app.box.com/s/pyidq51r86hcoaoat7ex

It was so intense (and I died both of laughing and shame) that I even imagined to use this voiceclip one day in a video, when I'll make some MMD drama-like videos starring my UTAUs

Don't worry, with re-recording sessions and proper otoing + more knowledges about the program, he got better and is somewhat fine now. Thankfully for your ears XD

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
mystsaphyr said:
(Also Drunk UTAU Karaoke Night 2012 remains one of my fondest fandom memories.)
DRUNK UTAU KARAOKE NIGHT 2012 WAS AMAZING.

And the night of the UTAU mating calls. That was another thing that happened.

I think the funniest moment I had *personally* was when Generic recorded me Soledi's VCV 2.0 bank and sent me the files (usually I'm there for recording, but not this time)... As I was otoing, I found a file with a name I didn't recognize (like sya or something), so I played it. The result is dubstep.wav.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39069073/dubstep.wav
This sound remains in Soledi's VCV 2.0 alongside other Easter Eggs that I encourage you to find if you have it.

NegiStick123

Momo's Minion
I remember one time I was using Teto's VCV voicebank, but I decided I wanted to use Ritsu instead.

I'm guessing it had some weird thing to do with envelopes or something, but when I loaded Ritsu she wouldn't say any consonants but only would say vowels so instead of arigatou she would say aiaou. I think it would be something with Teto using different overlap and preutterence settings (I believe Teto's normal voicebank is arbitary) and I used P2P3 while having Teto set sooo yeah.

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
I imported a midi but each note had 5 ticks too much (1/4 note had 485, 1/8 had 245, etc.)

So I then foolishly thought, "How about putting '-5' on all of the note lengths? They might be 5 ticks lesser!"

I was so wrong.

vj7v.png

This is zoomed in.

id0l.png

I then made Defoko "sing" it because I wanted to hear how it sounds like. I thought she would sound drunk.

I was right.

SHE SOUNDS LIKE A FRIKKIN DRUKEN ROBOT WHHHYYYY

Last edited:

DerpingToaster

Teto's Territory
Well, I was trying to do a cover of Outer Science, right? The 'yo' notes at the end had strange pitchbends. So when I made the UTAU sing it it sounded like YOoooOOOOooh.

It kinda was like a mix between dying and yodeling.

MiyuSama639

Teto's Territory
When testing a beta of a friend's voicebank I don't know what did I do with the flags but she was singing all cute and suddendly BAM super deep macho voice and it freaked me out, and then I couldn't stop crying and laughing. I'd wish I had saved it tho xD

DerpingToaster

Teto's Territory
This. Just this. Yesterday XD

https://soundcloud.com/rainbow_unicorn_trekkie/aido-u-ok

I tried to make Aido VCV sing Isolation=Thanatos.

Lorreine Geralde

lorreinegeralde@IRIS-SELECIA
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Weazer said:
I don't remember which song it was, but when I was making Keiko sing a song, in some parts where there was the "i" note, it sounded like she was hiccuping. xD

The N flag always provides some lulz as well.

Dat N flag. I have tried it for my UTAU's voice and I almost vomit after hearing her sing using the flag setting. Everytime I set my UTAU's voice under C4, the way she sings makes me think if she farts while singing xD

:annoyed:

doopah

Teto's Territory
I haven't heard of the N flag before.
*tries it*
ahaha that's wonderful...

The funniest thing, I think, was when I put in a recording sample of my friend where she messed up. When we were recording her UTAU, at one point she was like "
tsLEHHH" so I put it in UTAU. I probably laughed at it more than I should have.
Another friend cleared her throat during our recording and in UTAU it sounded like an angry pig.

Lorreine Geralde

Retired User
Defender of Defoko
N is a flag setting that makes your UTAU's voice sounds like chipmunk if you increase its value. I have tested it before and I can't forget it. ALWAYS.

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
N doesn't always make your UTAU chipmunk-y, it makes it uber-macho sounding at lower notes (I tried it with Tei before XD)

The flag is to be used for instrument UTAUs, so that's why it exists.

Mako

"it"
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Well, there's the time when I found the ust for iNFeCTioN and decided to put Nukupoid to sing it... The results were rather... weird. xD

https://soundcloud.com/euphoriaexe/nukupoid-go-home-youre-drunk

Also, there's the time when I decided to try fresamp on Yugana Tori. He turned to a weird pigeon. XD

https://soundcloud.com/euphoriaexe/and-then-tori-was-a-pigeon

and then i browsed this thread and found about the N flag

i am going to have so much fun with this in the future :uhuhu:

https://soundcloud.com/euphoriaexe/tori-what-the-****

Lorreine Geralde

Retired User
Defender of Defoko
kimchi-tan said:
N doesn't always make your UTAU chipmunk-y, it makes it uber-macho sounding at lower notes (I tried it with Tei before XD)

The flag is to be used for instrument UTAUs, so that's why it exists.

Well, maybe I need to try the flag on male voice. It could be fun.

Lorreine Geralde

Retired User
Defender of Defoko
JounesKunelle said:
The f flag is hilarious. It sounds like a rat singing.

images

Now they can make singing rat choir without using rats XD
Can you link me to UTAUloid wavfile rendered with f flag? I want to listen to it.