What's your downloading mentality?

PandaLolii

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Aster Selene link said:
[quote author=PandaLolii link=topic=732.msg5057#msg5057 date=1331071390]
[quote author=Rave link=topic=732.msg5050#msg5050 date=1331069552]
I Dl'd someone's \"One who falls at the name of god\" ust and I litterally wanted to cry. But Kaoling is my love, so I'm still doing it

It's Aster's btw! * V * But on her defense...Kaoling songs like..always have millions of parts. XDD

[/quote]

I'M SORRY IT WAS IN A MILLION PARTS
I HATE MAKING USTS IN A MILLION PARTS BUT WHEN THERE ARE FIFTEEN THINGS BEING SUNG AT ONCE AND IT HAS TO BE MIXED SEPARATELY
I HAVE NO CHOICE
/sobbbbbb

kaoling whyyyyyyy
[/quote]

FORGOT TO MENTION RAAAAVE ~~~ /kinda irrelevant/
I mean, Aster included her REAPER project..so it helps a ton with timing even if you don't use it as your mixing program. Just to refer to generally. ; A ;

icecheetah

Momo's Minion
I rarely download USTs, and only have done about... six? in the whole time I've had Utau. For me, it's mostly a "So they did this that way. Takes notes." Thing.
On voicebanks, well, when I started I tried to get a set representing each voice type (soprano e.t.c) but that kinda stopped. Now I just look at random Utau and download if I like their voice.
And I've hardly used any of them...

Roxanne

Teto's Territory
My mentality is very small when it comes to usts.
I see something, the song is familiar= insant ust download.

ScuroKun

Teto's Territory
I download usts like there's no tomorrow orz;;;;;
Just anytime I see a song I like i'll download the ust. At one point, I think I had 400+ usts o_O;;; But I deleted them by accident and I had a lot of ones where the link was broken and I couldn't get them again orz;;; I wouldn't even use them all, I would just have them orz; Plus I rarely post videos because I never have enough time to draw xD;
I think I have 15 UTAUs i've downloaded, but some I don't really use or I just use them once and never use them again /shot

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I download everything I like. EVERYTHING. No exception. It gives me a good thing to do, and I'm kinda ticked about collecting. Like, mentally ticked. I CANNOT HELP MYSELF! //sobs

corruptedflower

Momo's Minion
shinami link said:
I have over 500 voicebanks and over 150 USTs downloaded currently. I think you can guess what type of person I am. DX

On the note of USTs, I sort of agree with Kenji. I either download USTs if it's really well done or it's a great song. Like, Masao and UtauReizo drive me crazy with how blank their USTs are, but they generally make them for great songs. So I'd have to edit them to death. Which I'm a bit painfully used to now. There's only a few UST makers I really don't feel the need to edit to death (Such as Lean, Chase, Sango, and a handful more people). And I never really download VSQs because they're just blegh all over UTAU.

It doesn't help my computer has nearly 300 GB left so I tell myself I can download whatever I want. I just wish it was faster, orz.

I strongly disagree with what shinami's personal opinion.
Both Masao and UtauReizo have simple USTs that are easy to apply. They are plain to the point where they are flexiable and can be used by many utau users from beginner to advance.

I truly believe no one has the right to criticize other's USTs of being blank or so on unless they can personally make a UST themselves. If that is within ur ability, please make your own instead of complaining about other people's hard work. So in this case, if a person wishes to edit a UST to death, so be it. Please refrain from saying offensive things to them unless you can personally manage yourself.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
corruptedflower link said:
I strongly disagree with what shinami's personal opinion.
Both Masao and UtauReizo have simple USTs that are easy to apply. They are plain to the point where they are flexiable and can be used by many utau users from beginner to advance.

I truly believe no one has the right to criticize other's USTs of being blank or so on unless they can personally make a UST themselves. If that is within ur ability, please make your own instead of complaining about other people's hard work. So in this case, if a person wishes to edit a UST to death, so be it. Please refrain from saying offensive things to them unless you can personally manage yourself.

eh

I didn't mean anything offensive! D: All I said is that their USTs generally don't have a lot to them, which is true. I may have implied it's a "bad thing" but not really. Like I said, they make them for great songs, and I'm appreciative of their works. It just makes me have to work hard to get them up to my standards in terms of pitchbends, which sometimes takes forever, while the other makers I mentioned put a level of customization into their USTs that instantly make any UTAU singing it be more suited to the song. It's a matter of personal preference I suppose.

I don't know whether or not to feel insulted that you so instantly assumed so badly and so little of me. Well, you don't really know me I'm guessing, so no hard feelings I guess. :/

irei1as

Teto's Territory
icecheetah link said:
I rarely download USTs, and only have done about... six? in the whole time I've had Utau. For me, it's mostly a \"So they did this that way. Takes notes.\" Thing.

Same here.

About voicebanks... well, I download them when I plan on using them or at least check their files for some curiosity.
They're in the internet so it's like if they're in "my infinite external hard drive".

asparagus

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
I rarely download Voice Banks (le OTL) but I am a ust downloading fiend.

I don't even use all of them sometimes.

I just have them.

creamwolf

Teto's Territory
I have rook,RION,my rejects,snowstar,eijii,and acid,which actually i need to delete super poor quality XD,then Orochi,my hopeful,i dont really use Rook,or RION,propbly on PONPONPON.but ive been to busy on mines,he really needs some love,ive been away for a long time,
USTs on the other hand...omg..my list is too big

Fawkesy

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I download all the usts I can.
And voicebanks. I download so many because I always use someone to cover a song. <3 I love using other peoples utaus.