To encourage social distancing, you must leave two blank lines at the start and end of every post, and before and after every quote. Failure to comply may result in non-essential parts of the forum closing. Click for more details.

Which UTAU do you think sounds the most like Miku?

Discussion in 'UTAU Discussion' started by Kaoru, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Kaoru

Kaoru turn to page 394. Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    This is random lol... but i haven't really come across any utauloids that sound like her.
    I'm just curious , i've heard a UTAU that sounds like Kaito though forgot which one. The first UTAU i recorded sounded like a bit like a mix of Oliver and Luka except just with UTAU metallic-y sound, but i deleted it since i wasn't really satisfied with it haha. It's probably because Oliver and Luka sometimes have the tendency to sound nasally, maybe?

i keep comparing vocaloid and utau lol
    i find that comparing them is interesting :P

3. Soursop the fruit

Soursop the fruit ✧ Fruity & Happy ✧ Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I haven't tried to compare utau VBs w/ vocaloid VBs, but Dong Fang Zhi Zhi sounded pretty much like Miku.
    Wait...Or Maybe Miku sounded like Dong Fang Zhi Zhi? @w@

tl;dr: I'm wondering what will happen if someone duet them after Miku chinese is out.

Kaoru likes this.
  4. Haichou

Haichou Tutor Tutor Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I'm going to quote Yamishiro from VocaDB:
    "With the tag g-15, [Harene Sei] sounds a bit like Hatsune Miku."
    I can't use UTAU right now, but I think it's accurate enough. I have her VB and tried it once... Can't remember what the outcome was, though. I'll update this if I can try it later.

Kaoru likes this.
  5. MillyAqualine

MillyAqualine Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    For Miku-like utau i rememeber there was one who looked like her, but sounded a bit airier and mature

Also I thnk the KAITO-esque UTAU you've been thnking may be Rook no ? (and i rememeber some people comapred hibiki shinji with gackpoid )

6. 수연 <Suyeon>

수연 <Suyeon> Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Idk if you'll find an exact vocal doppleganger without editing. Miku's voice is attained through voice acting, but her V3 library is a little less "cutesy" or chipmunky. In any case, when I need a "Miku" part, I personally look to Ooka Miko, sometimes Koharune Ami. In vocaloid, UNI has a similar sound - albeit softer and ofc in Korean rather than Japanese.

7. Arissa

Arissa Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I sure know a ton of Utau that look like Miku, xD as for sound like... Not much I can think of off the top of my head. I heard the same thing about Harene Sei and g flags, but haven't tested it out myself ;^^

8. kimchi-tan

kimchi-tan Your local Mikotard Global Mod Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Are you perhaps talking about Kumi Hitsuboku?

Kiyoteru likes this.
  9. MillyAqualine

MillyAqualine Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Nah, I was thinking rather about Jen Genne (though Kumi can apply too x'D )

And seems I was having a bad memory because I didn't rememeber she was sounding this high x'D

10. breadstick

breadstick Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    rook sounds a lot like a kinda badly tuned kaito (no offense if u like him) to me lol