Who would you like to see record a Vocaloid/Utau

Discussion in 'UTAU Discussion' started by tetodash, Feb 22, 2019.

1. tetodash

tetodash Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    This is something I think about sometimes. It’s not legal to take someone’s voice and make it a Utau without their permission. But if a celebrity you like were to voice a Vocaloid or Utau who would like it to be? For me it would be Amy Lee because I love her voice so much and I think she would sound great singing some Vocaloid songs. I think Meltdown would be the first cover I’d mean with her if that ever happened. It probably won’t unless one of her friends or family tells her about it. I think if that happened she would be opened to doing it. Please let me know who your picks for this would be.

3. susrever

susrever Teto's Territory Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I really really love tk's (from ling tosite sigure) voice, so yeah, I'd want him to voice a vocaloid. Ideally with multiple appends, like, a screamo one and then a falsetto one. Wishful thinking but yeah.

Also Mika (not Mika from Daisy x Daisy, her too, yeah, but I'm talking about the Grace Kelly one) because he's got one hell of a range and I just rlly love him to bits! (Plus, he could even do a french voicebank and that would be so amazing!)

Giuliano Sangiorgi from Negramaro, too, because he too has a nice voice that can do both falsetto and screamo but I'd like him to do UTAU instead of vocaloid, his voice's rougher compared to tk's and I think it would transpose better to the utau engine.

I'm just so thirsty for high-pitched but not adolescent-sounding male voicebanks, in all languages, and it shows.

4. AmberTonnerre

AmberTonnerre Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Thats so tough...uh maybe Maaya Sakamoto she's such a good singer and has a great range. Or if we're talking voice actors I think It'd be great to have the guy who played Shinji in the English dub of Evangelion make an utau. The voices in Evangelion always had strong characterization so I'd be interested in how that would come out. I'm a total weeb just ignore me lol. (Btw one of the voice actors in the original Japanese dub of Azumanga Daioh actually made an utau as her character which is really cool)

5. partial

partial UTAU English advocate Global Mod Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Tema likes this.
  6. Tema

Tema Living Katsudon Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Junichi Suwabe hands down. Especially an AHS Vocaloid + Voiceroid combo hnnngh. Or a duo release with a Toriumi Vocaloid because of their musical unit Pheromen

ALSO SECONDING PARTIAL'S POST SO HARD I ALMOST LITERALLY CRIED WHEN LUMI DID NOT SOUND LIKE BEATRICE it took me way too long to come to appreciate Lumi for Lumi

Can't forget Giga and Reol too (I am so sad Giga never released that UTAU? Like? It was real and not a joke right??? it sounded sO GOOD)

English wise... I'd be curious to hear what an Amy Lee Vocaloid would sound like too, but I'm not sure it'd work well with her voice (tbh I think I'd like her to do a CeVIO more dsjsl). I mostly just really want a Miriam update curse you Zero-G *cough* Also Billy Joel and Estelle as much of a stretch those might be rofl (And Deedee Magno Hall while I'm mentioning Estelle... and Patti Lupone... and... oh heck)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  7. aza

aza your local jar of salsa Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I'd scream in joy if LiSA recorded a VOCALOID/UTAU tbh

8. RoboCheatsyTM

RoboCheatsyTM Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I'd want Reol or Mafumafu to record utauloids (or vocaloids)! It'd be so cool!

They're singers with amazing voices and I think they'd cover some voice tones that are really missing!
    (The closest thing we have to Mafu would be Len, but even that's a bit of a stretch.)

ArtsyP!nk and partial like this.
  9. Iris Dragonoure

Iris Dragonoure zhong chenle's wife Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    i'm sure this entire forum knows i love chenle and he's a vocalist that can actually speak all of the languages vocaloid currently supports. so basically give me 5 voicebanks from him in different languages.

partial likes this.
  10. OngakuCD

OngakuCD Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I would like an opera vocaloid recorded by Audra Mcdonald

11. Mizupan

Mizupan Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    id like poppy to record an utauloid, that would be very interesting... poppyloid

partial likes this.
  12. partial

partial UTAU English advocate Global Mod Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I'd personally like to see a Vocaloid VP record an UTAU version of their Vocaloid voicebank, just to show off a demo despite never being able to release the vb. It'd be neat to hear comparisons.

neettuki likes this.
  13. Underlapped

Underlapped Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    Mafumafu, un:c, all kinds! There are more I was thinking of but I can't remember ;w;

14. Soursop the fruit

Soursop the fruit ✧ Fruity & Happy ✧ Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    PelleK has awesome belting and he can also do screamo
    I wanna hear his utau ver, that'd be very cool... ;;

15. neettuki

neettuki Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I'd love for Miy_Yuu to record a Vocaloid/UTAU- His voice range and power is just amazing!

Underlapped and partial like this.
  16. Underlapped

Underlapped Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    Ah!!! That was another I had forgotten! Oh my gosh could you imagine-

partial and neettuki like this.
  17. Iris Dragonoure

Iris Dragonoure zhong chenle's wife Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    dex, daina, and ruby's voice providers have all voiced utau, so maybe you could look into comparing them

18. Haichou

Haichou Tutor Tutor Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I don't normally follow celebrities, so I don't have anyone in particular... but since voice actors tend to use many different voices, it would be cool for one to record an UTAU. If they made any appends, each one could be recorded in the style of one of their voices. (I'd say Vocaloid, but I feel like UTAU is easier for an end goal like that?)
    I know not all VAs are singers, but still. I'm all for weird concepts and projects!

Ones that have already been mentioned: Maaya Sakamoto, Billy Joel, Mafumafu!

幸兔雪 (Yukito Yuki) and Tema like this.