Who would you like to see record a Vocaloid/Utau

Discussion in 'UTAU Discussion' started by tetodash, Feb 22, 2019.

1. tetodash

tetodash Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    This is something I think about sometimes. It’s not legal to take someone’s voice and make it a Utau without their permission. But if a celebrity you like were to voice a Vocaloid or Utau who would like it to be? For me it would be Amy Lee because I love her voice so much and I think she would sound great singing some Vocaloid songs. I think Meltdown would be the first cover I’d mean with her if that ever happened. It probably won’t unless one of her friends or family tells her about it. I think if that happened she would be opened to doing it. Please let me know who your picks for this would be.

3. susrever

susrever Teto's Territory Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I really really love tk's (from ling tosite sigure) voice, so yeah, I'd want him to voice a vocaloid. Ideally with multiple appends, like, a screamo one and then a falsetto one. Wishful thinking but yeah.

Also Mika (not Mika from Daisy x Daisy, her too, yeah, but I'm talking about the Grace Kelly one) because he's got one hell of a range and I just rlly love him to bits! (Plus, he could even do a french voicebank and that would be so amazing!)

Giuliano Sangiorgi from Negramaro, too, because he too has a nice voice that can do both falsetto and screamo but I'd like him to do UTAU instead of vocaloid, his voice's rougher compared to tk's and I think it would transpose better to the utau engine.

I'm just so thirsty for high-pitched but not adolescent-sounding male voicebanks, in all languages, and it shows.

4. AmberTonnerre

AmberTonnerre Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Thats so tough...uh maybe Maaya Sakamoto she's such a good singer and has a great range. Or if we're talking voice actors I think It'd be great to have the guy who played Shinji in the English dub of Evangelion make an utau. The voices in Evangelion always had strong characterization so I'd be interested in how that would come out. I'm a total weeb just ignore me lol. (Btw one of the voice actors in the original Japanese dub of Azumanga Daioh actually made an utau as her character which is really cool)

5. partial

partial UTAU English advocate Global Mod Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Tema likes this.
  6. Tema

Tema Living Katsudon Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Junichi Suwabe hands down. Especially an AHS Vocaloid + Voiceroid combo hnnngh. Or a duo release with a Toriumi Vocaloid because of their musical unit Pheromen

ALSO SECONDING PARTIAL'S POST SO HARD I ALMOST LITERALLY CRIED WHEN LUMI DID NOT SOUND LIKE BEATRICE it took me way too long to come to appreciate Lumi for Lumi

Can't forget Giga and Reol too (I am so sad Giga never released that UTAU? Like? It was real and not a joke right??? it sounded sO GOOD)

English wise... I'd be curious to hear what an Amy Lee Vocaloid would sound like too, but I'm not sure it'd work well with her voice (tbh I think I'd like her to do a CeVIO more dsjsl). I mostly just really want a Miriam update curse you Zero-G *cough* Also Billy Joel and Estelle as much of a stretch those might be rofl (And Deedee Magno Hall while I'm mentioning Estelle... and Patti Lupone... and... oh heck)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  7. azazel

azazel your local jar of salsa Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I'd scream in joy if LiSA recorded a VOCALOID/UTAU tbh