Would someone mind checking out my cvvc for errors ?

dilleniidae

Teto's Territory
The oto is pretty good for a first time. My only complaint is that you would have to hand edit usts as autocvvc and presamp doesn't respond well to it, but that's minor.

Otoing CCV sound (rya, kya, etc.) is similar to otoing regular CV sounds except instead of putting the preutterance at the end of the consonant, you put the preutterance after the first consonant (the r in rya, the k in kya). Here's an example using sukone tei's cvvc with the sound "rya":
4451dpy.jpg

You also should look at other cvvc banks like anna nyui or oniko's cvvc or sukone tei's cvvc and see how they otoed these sounds.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You should actually put the preutterance after the second consonant. It's hard to decide when the second consonant is a glide, but if it was a cluster like "st", putting the preutterance after the T and not between the S and T seems very obvious.

adriann

Ye Olde Fart
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
For the CyV clusters, you definitely should keep the pre-utterance after the first consonant as the 'y' consonant almost acts like the beginning of the vowel. :smile: Since this is a Japanese CVVC voicebank, Adlez's comment is sliiiightly irrelevant here, although they bring up a point I agree with about clusters found in other more phonetically complex language structures.

This is looking good so far! For my tastes, I'd give the CVs slightly more space, like maybe bring the offset -10ms back. In my opinion, that would give SOME of your consonants a little more room to really be enunciated (I really only looked at the d's initially, but it looks like you have overall very tight configurations, I feel like the transitions between the notes in the example you've provided are a little suffocated.)

The tone is very beautiful! Good luck with this voicebank. :smile: