• If you do not recieve your confirmation email within a few hours, please email haloutau@gmail.com with your username for manual validation. Your account should be activated within 24 hours.
    You may also reach out via any other listed contact on Admin Halo's about page: https://utaforum.net/members/halo.194/#about

Help with HANASHITAI

froguncle

Momo's Minion
I recently downloaded Hanashitai but I can't get my utauloids to read anything in it; the hiragana stays greyed out. Does anyone know how to fix this (or alternative plugins that would work)?

More info if it helps:
- I've always had trouble getting my utauloids to read usts in old utau, sometimes they do sometimes they don't. I recently got OpenUtau because of this but Hanashitai isn't compatible with it as far as I'm aware
- My locale for non-unicode programs is already set to Japan
- The utauloid profiles show up jumbled in Hanashitai
- I am on Windows 10
- I have this problem with both the v2.0.2-f and v2.13-g versions of Hanashitai

Screenshot.png

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ensure that your voicebank's text files and oto.ini are saved in Shift-JIS encoding. You can do this using a text editor like Notepad++ or VS Code.

froguncle

Momo's Minion
Ensure that your voicebank's text files and oto.ini are saved in Shift-JIS encoding. You can do this using a text editor like Notepad++ or VS Code.
How do I do that? I have notepad++ but I'm not sure how to go about this.

froguncle

Momo's Minion
Actually I figured out the encoding thing my bad (was only confused bc the first oto.ini file I opened was blank); but I think I'm missing something or messed up since it still isn't working? I double checked all the otos and also changed the encoding of the character.yaml to Shift-JIS.