How many of you update your UTAUs?

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
When you finish making an UTAU, do you add onto it/improve it? Do you constantly add new languages, updates, changes to the OTO, VCV/CV VC versions, etc? Or do you just make a new voicebank? So far all I have is a simple CV voice bank, so I'm curious as to what others do.Also, if you do, how often?

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I update my banks. But not very regular, since I need to get the accent done and stuff like that... I want to add languages too, haven't done hat yet though.

Fawkesy

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
First I started with some basic CV, then I decided to do 2 "appends", both CV.
Then I finally decided to do VCV, and I recorded for the main voice, and both appends although I still haven't finished recording one, and the other still needs otoing. xD
Once I oto them all I'll also think about recording CV VC

Shine

Teto's Territory
I dont even started my basic voicebank in UTAU, but once I've recorded his CV bank, I'll planed something just like Fawkesy: 2 CV Appends, 1 VCV main voice, and other two VCV Appends. Then, I'll maybe record a English CV VC voicebank and then other languages.
I'm quite ambitious. xD

★M3ROKA★

.Puri
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
In my free time I'm always updating, recording and experimenting with my voice and UTAUs... probably why it take me so long to release and get something done. XD But yeah, I start off with LiTE VCV as an experiment, then move onto full VCV if I like how it sounds. -----But yeah, I haven't finished any of my UTAUs. I like to keep improving them.

D

dCatharsis

I update them, but I've re-recorded Katarina several times before. :B

Yue Nagareboshi

Senior Tutor
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
From my point of view:

UTAU community often calls an update "ACT" obviously of CRYPTON methodology. Even the most little change they make a whole new "ACT" for it... which lead most of users to have an INSANE amount of them on their UTAULOIDS.

I would recomment people to consider sub-versions in between their ACTS for small changes. "ACT2.1~9", like:
  • Changes to the oto.ini file
  • Changes to "read me" or "character" files
  • Adding or changing avatar; as well adding an "omake" folder with concept art/reference sheet
  • Fixing missprononuced / noisy samples
  • Adding few extra samples; like thrilled R sounds, ending breaths, breaths, L-sounds, Cwx combos

Consider a new ACT if:
  • You re-record a whole new voicebank if the previous had more than 50% of misspronunciations
  • If you use a new microphone with higher quality
  • If you are adding semitones (if your previous were monotone)
  • If you are changing your recording technique from CV to CVVC or VCV
  • Making VB multilingual (Bi, Tri, etc.)

Obviously considering you are always recording with the same kind of voice/accent.
  • SOFT APPEND: ACT1(.1~.9), ACT2(.1~.9), etc.

I will be also so considerate if, sub-versions are made, let them be wrote down on the readme file. (Ver 1.1 - re-recorded k-samples from aspirated to non-aspirated ones) and so on.

Writting it on the file name is also helpful (SugoineNekochan_ACT2.2.zip / SugoineNekochan_CV+date). Some of the upload file services lets you update and rename your uploads, so this is more easy to deal with.

As I say, is my opinion on this topic.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
that's some great advice, thanks. I may wind up redesigning and renaming my UTAU as well as re-recording him with a higher quality mic. I haven't made a wiki page for him, so it'd be like scrapping him and re-creating him as a new UTAU (since he will have the same voice, basically).

I guess appends and such are more common than I thought. ^__^

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Halt's CV 1.0 release was recorded on a low-quality mic and has a bad accent, so my CV 2.0 is an update on a better mic with a clean accent and stuff.  I name my banks based on recording style and then numerical update... so, Halt's on: CV 2.0, VCV 1.0 (2.0 being oto'd and tested), and CV VC EN 1.0.  If I were to add a few alias/oto/sample repairs to any of those, I'd call them a 1.1 or whatever.  I haven't yet done that because usually I don't release a bank until I've done a lot of testing... but I'm pretty sure I'll find some problems in my English oto before it's all said and done >w<  I change the main number when I completely re-record a bank.

Soledi's the same way, but she only has CV VC 1.0 and VCV 1.0 public.  I think there are missing aliases in her VCV oto, so when I fix those I'll release a 1.1 with an oto fix.  That's how I do it owo

(I don't say ACT though because I'm too hipster *shot*)

D

dCatharsis

Cdra link said:
(I don't say ACT though because I'm too hipster *shot*)
LMAO me too xDDD
Katarina's versions were named, like:
- v1.0
- v2.0
- v3.0
- NÜ (here the naming method changed because I've changed mics, and pretty much changed the whole recording method xDDDD)
- REDUX (changed mics again)

And Kanti's first version is like Kata's, "v1.0", but I like to call it in Esperanto, "UNU" (One).
v2.0 would be "DU", v3.0 would be "TRI", and so on.

MioDioDaVinci

Teto's Territory
Argh, I want to update my banks so badly, but low-and-behold, my microphone died the day I decided to record Crevan's ACT 2. ._.

But, however, in the future, I plan to give her different accents as appends, as well as different languages. For instance, I'm going to try a French append the next opportunity I get. In my case, I plan to improve each new bank the best I can.

moonst4r

Witch of the Night
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I update my voicebanks like when they need new otos or if more sounds need to be added. So far it's been like Act1.1, 1.2 I haven't re-recorded a whole voicebank yet, so no Act2 as of now. I really want to redo my VCVs one day.

UtauYork

Teto's Territory
Every once in a while, I'll have an urge to improve one of my voicebanks with something, like with a better oto or a completely new thing. I usually never get around to it and now I can't at all because my microphone is completely broken. -v-;;

But I would like to get around to L'Aquila's ACT3 (Or EXEC3, as I'm going to call it from now on.). It'd basically just get pronunciation fixes and/or be VCV. And at one point in time, I'd like to get an Italian voicebank working for her. =v= Not quite sure how that'll fly. But basically, I do update the voicebanks I have, as much as I can. Improvement is something that I've learned to be a big part of this community. ouo

glaciachan

Teto's Territory
I usually update my UTAU's, hmm, usually every five or six months at the least for main voicebanks. When I update, I like to sort of one-up the previous bank, whether it comes to a different recording method, better samples/oto, the like.

EmeraldBay

Momo's Minion
I update my public voicebanks every month or so, but my private voicebanks are always being fiddled with and improved. I usually don't use version names for private voicebanks.

LupinAKAFlashTH

DEX's Voice Provider. Woah.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
For me updates take place within the span of years due to procrastination and IRL stuff.
I released Kenji Baionoto ACT 2 CV Open Beta last year on my birthday, 7/11.  I updated it 2-3 months ago.
My birthday will probably be the day the full ACT 2 CV is released. :sing:
As for the other ACT, ACT 1, every once in a while I tweak the oto to fix some issues here and there. (current version is ACT 1.8.5.3, which reads "version 1.8, release 5, build 3"- its not currently released yet, however...)

MixyHope39

Teto's Territory
I'm in the process of updating my UTAU's VB.
I had some missing syllables and whatnot, AND I had a friend remaster him. He's CV+VCV LITE with multilingual capabilities, ranging from advance English to even German, Korean, Polish, etc. 

So, he'll be on the market within a week. I also changed him sorta. I used to have him as a mage UTAU, but now I think I want to make him psychic = w=

Mostly cause I doubt I've seen UTAUs with such an ability. And I like being creative.
Although, just recently, I've begun to call my VB under, V1, V2, and V3.
My recent VB is Re:Mix V3. But with this small update, he'll be Re::Mix V3-9
Sort of a play on words (I think) of what his ID # is (which is 39. Although I only found out AFTER I made that his number that Miku uses it. I some times think people think I took the idea from Miku. My only reasoning is that that number follows me everywhere <_<)

Nonetheless, he's almost done and ready for another release. I just don't want to OTO. Someone take it from me T_T

Well, that's my 2 cents in! I like what everyone's thoughts on this subject were ^^

Zelfie Windwalker

Ruko's Ruffians
I have plans to update my utau.
Personally, I have an "update when you need to/can" attitude...I am getting a new mic, so I plan on updating then.

Last time I updated Mayo was...I can't remember ^^;;

TheSnowSongstress

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
i actually JUST updated hekine, i've had it done but needed to release it
i try to update whenever i find anyway to improve her, but don't make it a WHOLE new act unless i re-recorded everything
for oto update + Fixed/added samples, i make it a .5 usually

poundthemochi

Teto's Territory
  With Habu ACT2 I added three breath sounds.
I also made better prounciation.
Maybe one day I'll update him with a VCV.
Still fixing that horrible oto.ini. :D